Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a new xb9r and wondering how it handles, rides with a passenger on the back?? my older yamaha sucks with a passenger..... just wondering what the buell owners take on this is

·
Registered
20 Posts
No Passengers

In my opinion, the XB9R's are not meant to carry passengers. It came in dead last out of 10 bikes in a Cycle World review that I read. The female test passenger basically said the same thing.

I took my passenger peg brackets off the day I got my Firebolt. It looks much cleaner and cooler that way. Go to your dealer and sit on one with your potential passenger and tell us what you think.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i don't know that many of the 600ss's will fair much better.

i think you need to go get one. :) just kidding. it's so odd that today, you can find out some much stuff about a bike in one place.

btw, i saw a guy race one for nearly 200 miles (ccs team challenge, he did all but 2 laps (mandatory rider change) and whatever he got lapped). and this was at vir. i know i couldn't do that on my fzr or my 750. i'd be ready for a nap long before 100 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
great price on new XB9R

I agree....the 'bolt and most 600 just don't work with a passenger. The new lightning xb9s looks like it might be a little better. I you decide to go with the firebolt and prices aren't great in CT, my dealer has a blue and a white/blue, both new, for $8,495 plus set up & freight (around $400). Also, Buell with throw in $800 worth of extras thru 11/30/02. That's enough for the race kit and a few other things.

The dealer is Ramsey's and they are in Maryland at the Pennsylvania line. Salesman is Mike Rhoads 410-457-4541.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I might be wrong (but it does not happen very often).....but Buells in general are very touchy to suspension settings. My S1W is great solo.....dialed in for me....but put a passenegr on it and it wallows all over the place. I know the X-1 Lightning was the same way.....that and they are "small" and the rider gets crouded......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts