Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
There's two ways that I use:

1. When writing your post, use the 'attach file' section at the bottom. Click on 'Browse' to search your computer for the file you want to use.

2. Go to the website www.imageshack.us. You can upload your photo to their site. Once again, click on 'Browse' to search your computer. Then click on 'Upload'. They then offer you several links that you can copy (CTRL - C) and past (CTROL - V) onto your post in any location.

Hope this helps. Better go, I'm getting in trouble for chatting...

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Another option is the IMG tag while writing a post (its very close to the http tag above your post editor). You can define an image from anywhere on the Internet and its a great way to use emoticons (those little smileys) from other sites.

Enjoy :cool:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
K, I tried that IMG tag, but all I got was a link which went to the pic when I clicked on it. I used this format:

Is this not the way it should be formatted?

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Well, the concept to the IMG tag is to show a picture specifically. So, whatever URL you put in should end in .jpeg, .jpg, .bmp, .gif, or one of many other numerous graphics extensions. Anything like what you put in or ones that end in .html, .htm are not graphics but either HTML pages or point to some server's program.

Now I'm going to go a bit beyond what you might be capable of so stick with me if you're REALLY interested. To follow these instructions, you MUST be running Mozilla's Firefox since Internet Explorer does NOT support this feature.

Right click picture of interest.
Select the Copy Image Location item from the menu
Go to SBW post and click IMG tag
Paste
Submit

Here's what happens when I do that for the image on the HTML page you tried to line.

In this case, the image's location is: http://sbw.sportbikes.com/gallery/data/500/12613pict1.jpg

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
kanwisch said:
Well, the concept to the IMG tag is to show a picture specifically. So, whatever URL you put in should end in .jpeg, .jpg, .bmp, .gif, or one of many other numerous graphics extensions. Anything like what you put in or ones that end in .html, .htm are not graphics but either HTML pages or point to some server's program.

Now I'm going to go a bit beyond what you might be capable of so stick with me if you're REALLY interested. To follow these instructions, you MUST be running Mozilla's Firefox since Internet Explorer does NOT support this feature.

Right click picture of interest.
Select the Copy Image Location item from the menu
Go to SBW post and click IMG tag
Paste
Submit

Here's what happens when I do that for the image on the HTML page you tried to line.

In this case, the image's location is: http://sbw.sportbikes.com/gallery/data/500/12613pict1.jpg
IE can do it, you just right click the picture and go to "properties" and copy the address from there.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use Mozilla now............After having my computer suffer the equivalent of a cyber gang-rape everytime I went online with IE......

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
spicersh said:
IE can do it, you just right click the picture and go to "properties" and copy the address from there.
I stand corrected.

Assclown.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
kanwisch said:
I stand corrected.

Assclown.
:laughing:

IE still sucks though, thanks for getting me hooked up with Mozilla at home. Still getting used to it, but am stuck with IE at work. Goddamn network admins shutting off almost all privileges. :mad:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Rundog said:
And so it begins.....;) Trouble from work or from the lovely Ms. Tree??
The latter. She was cleaning house, in preparation for our Ski Trip departure, while I was on the 'net.

I can't see the problem. Can any of you guys??? ;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well now, that depends, Cookee. Where you switching back & forth between Sportbikeworld & Younghotteens.com??;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts