Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys get your tire to smoke so much. I try to burn out but my bike just keeps taking off or stalling. I want to sit there and let the smoke roll. So how can this be done??

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Burnouts

Put the bike in first gear and grab the front brake (hard) while rolling on the throttle. That's about all there is to it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I tried another burn-out by getting the weight off my bike...the damn thing shot out from underneath me and ended up hitting my car:( Oh, well maybe I'll just have to see one in person

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Go buy the star boyz instructional burn out video.

First try them with your feet on the ground(not sitting on the bike), then progressively move to the rolling burn outs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
the wizz said:
Well I tried another burn-out by getting the weight off my bike...the damn thing shot out from underneath me and ended up hitting my car:( Oh, well maybe I'll just have to see one in person
oh shit! haha! not trying to be mean, sorry...i just got a visual of that and i bet it looked funny!

i grab the clutch, and the brake...you can keep the brake pretty much on while still operating the throttle, it doesn't take much to break the tire loose...i stand up, grab break and clutch...start giving it some gas (keeping on the front brake mind you...don't wanna hit any parked cars...yeah) and just let the clutch go...smoke ensues...get on, release the brake gently and tear-ass outta dodge...don't get skurred...as long as you gotta good grip on the bike it aint going anywhere...hope your car and bike are both okay bro...be careful.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
:wtf: :laughing: How did you do that?! Man, sorry to laugh, but that sounds funny as mookie. Keep trying, but not so hard. It's really not the best stunt.....it's expensive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try doing a burnout on the grass or wet pavement for your first one so you can get the feel of it. It might help a bit to make sure the front wheel is secure, like on dry pavement or something.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's really not that hard. I have a 01 gixxer600 and no problem. But my brother and brother in-law have R6 and f4i and nether one can do it. I get on theirs and smoke the sh$t out of there tire. I think the key is to make sure you are up off the seat and mash that front brake hard and roll the throttle and let out. But like I said my brother and brother in-law watch me and still can't do it. :confused: :dunno:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did my first one by letting my back tire sit on a few stones in a parking lot, bikes always slip on stones, why not use them for something good?(I would make sure nobody is behind you when you do it though). Just make sure you are holding that front break really tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damn. I just trashed my speed four trying to do a burnout last night. I thought I had my front brake pinned, revved it to about 8k, then popped the clutch. I thought if you just "let the clutch out," the bike would stall. That fucking bike LAUNCHED into the air, yes, launched off the ground, and rolled. Destroying my mirror, back end plastics, and gear box case which proceeded to dump every last bit of oil. Both footpegs were ripped off as well. Damn. So I guess your not suppose to pop the clutch?

·
Registered
434 Posts
burn out!

DAMN! Dood everything about a burnout should be smooth, and sometimes if the rear tire is warm, you just won't be able to do it, pour some water on your driveway, keep front on dry pavement and put rear on wet, stand up and lean forward, hold front brake (TIGHTLY) bring rpms to about 4 or 5 grand, and ease out on clutch.

It will start smoking the tire, try that a few times, then move to dry payvement once you have mastered the art of dry pavement standing still burnouts, slowley sit back down on bike(still smi\oking tire), start easing off the front brake while smoking the rear tire and slowly move into rolling burnouts, good luck.

Oh yea, when you try these burnouts again, STAY AWAY FROM ME! You guys scare me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont see what the problem is? When i got my FZR the first thing i did with it was take it into an empty parking lot to practice riding. It wasnt hard to get it to burn out. Just hold the brake hard, rev it up and dump the clutch. I actually found it easier to get it to spin if you dump it rather than feather it. Burnouts were just easy to me. Just keep practicing and buying new tires....

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: burn out!

izzybo69 said:
DAMN! Dood everything about a burnout should be smooth, and sometimes if the rear tire is warm, you just won't be able to do it
:zzz: I used a digital thermometer (laser) and got a reading of over 200Fº in the center of my tire before it blew up, and I could still do it on dry pavement... this was on my 500, BTW. I don`t recomend dumping the clutch to these people if they`re looping their bike trying them normal. This thread is old as hell anyway, who brought it back?:finger: :twofinger

·
Registered
925 Posts
Vash said:
it maybe old, but it sure is funny.
I never said it didn`t entertain me :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you can't do a burn out you shouldn't be on a bike squid.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wow... that was an entertaining read right there! Cold tires burn better... because they have less stickiness they are proned to not gripping, thus spinning. Put the bike in first, then hold the front brake in tightly, and ease out the clutch... giving more and more gas till the rear starts to spin. As long as you have enough power on your bike "Most 500's won't do it" it'll break loose and you can smoke it till you're pleased. Burnouts are cake... but for the love of god... don't just dump the clutch. haha. Thats just rediculous!

:squid:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts