Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 gsxr 600 alstare, and anybody who has seen this bike knows the bikes main sheme is yellow except for the tail which for some stupid reason is mostly white and has no yello on it whats so ever, anyway im getting the tail painted and the paint and body shop im taking it to also wants the side fairing so he can get the color match to find the proper color to match the paint in the back, so what i want to know is how can i acquire the proper code for the yellow this bike uses, becasue i really would rather not have to take my fairing apart too aswell as the tail. i called a suzuki dealership and they told me its Y7L but then again i checked a web site and it says 99 and up uses Y9F, so im confused and i just want to know if their is a sure place where i can get this info.

tia

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Might try the local bike shop. Some times the sell touch up paint that is the color of the bike.

I know on my bike there is a sticker under the seat that has the color code. Another option is check the manual, sometimes they have it there.

:2cents:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts