Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, soo one of my friends wont wear a helmet or gloves or anything when he rides. Yes he does wear glasses, so he does have eye protection (like that is gonna help when he goes down) This seriously bothers me. I have tried my a$$ of to get him to realize he needs to wear a helmet. Even me telling him about when I went down and if I would not have had a helmet, vanson jacket, gloves on I probably woulda been dead or definitely in the hospital, I mean my gear allowed me to walk away from the wreck. Also, he doesnt give a shyt about what girls wear when they are on the back, I.E.-sandals, shorts, little shirt. Sorry to make this such a long post I am just trying to figure something out. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks

TireFryer;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
He sounds like the type that is too stubborn for gory pictures or stories to have any effect. So he'll need to experience the difference. To prevent him from experiencing this on a bike, hit him in the head with a hammer, then have him put on a helmet and hit him with the hammer again. Ask him which hurt worse.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If the guy is that stubborn, he will probably have to "experience" what happens without a helmet. If you have shown him gory pictures and hes unfazed then im not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Throw a watermelon off your bike while doing 100mph.

Show him the results and let him know that the watermelon is smarter than he is. You could also have him do a ride-by at 100mph and hit him in the face with a shovel

I like birdman's idea better though.:D

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Mongrel Racing said:
There is nothing you can do beyond informing him. If you feel as strongly as you do than don't ride with him anymore. It is that simple. If he wants to ride with you explain that he must wear a helmet. Let him know that you will not sit with him and hold his dying body if and when he has an accident. If he chooses to ride without a helmet than he will have to do his dying by himself or with someone else. Put the responsibility back on him, and wash your hands of it.
Great post Wayne!

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Pimpdawggydawg said:
helmuts are for suckas! if you fall off doin 100 youre dead neways!
I see we have another "Troll" poster. :)

I've went down at 100+ 6 times and I'm still here to talk about it. I love my protective gear and would never ride without it. But you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Helmets

Try telling your friend that if he is lucky, he will die. After taking a college level psych course and talking to neourologist many years ago I found out a sharp blow to the head can cause: paralysis from neck down, permanent unconsciousness (coma), mental retardation, seizures that may require a lifetime of heavy medication that results in unconsciousness, and loss of memory or mental ability (i.e. vegetable).
Do any of these things sound cool?

S

·
0 Posts
RCjohn said:
I must agree with Mongrel... do not ride with him anymore. :(
Yup, I'd hate to see the result of a high speed get off.

He sounds like the type of guy that will ride for a short time, crash his bike and tell everyone how fast he was and how dangerous motorcycles are. He will chew everyones ear off saying they are death machines .........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, actually, I havent ever ridden with him. He is a friends I used to hang out with, and didnt see him for awhile, then a few weeks ago, I ran into him and we been hangin out. Soo, we'll see what happens. Thanks everyone.

TireFryer:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts