Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt make it... way to much to do. But, I will get back there before the summer is over... and actually run too!

·
Registered
963 Posts
four_by_ken said:
I couldnt make it... way to much to do. But, I will get back there before the summer is over... and actually run too!
Hot as hell and hardly any one there.. I was able to make 16 passes.. Not bad.. Was fun considering I have never taken a bike to the track.. My first pass was over 12..(lol) then gradually worked down through the 11s and my best was a 10.59..

Everyone was having a hard time hooking up from what I heard.. Track was pretty slick with the 90+ heat... Still was fun....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bansheeman410 said:
Are you running stock gears on your bike?

On my 600 my full setup is

Powercommander pc3 usb
Yosh slip on
dog bones and fork strap
-1 +2 520gear set

best time ever on the 600 was 10.012

I just put in a clutch and I'm still tweaking it a bit. I got used to it before I changed it and well it just doesn't feel the same. That and the fact that it was 106 degrees with the heat index I don't think anyone was running well.

My launches were either wheelie, spin tire thru first, or I would launch too soft and bog it down. All in all a pretty bad day:confused:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Supafly said:
On my 600 my full setup is

Powercommander pc3 usb
Yosh slip on
dog bones and fork strap
-1 +2 520gear set

best time ever on the 600 was 10.012

John I like you buddy, but I still want to see this time slip. 10.01 is awesome but footshifting i don`t see it happening. I still remember you shooting for 10.5`s wich is fast as hell anyways and I did see you run very close to those.

I`m not bashing you, For being on a 600 you are one of the fastest I have seen at the local tracks:cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well I stayed at it. I still want to run 9's on the 600. Sure I can do what the rest of you did and buy a Busa, but I am gonna run 9 then you can all eat your words.

As for not seeing me run the time. You havent been to ubly in a long time. Not the last 5+ times I have been there.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Supafly said:
Well I stayed at it. I still want to run 9's on the 600. Sure I can do what the rest of you did and buy a Busa, but I am gonna run 9 then you can all eat your words.

As for not seeing me run the time. You havent been to ubly in a long time. Not the last 5+ times I have been there.
I went two trips ago;) You was not there. and yes it was hot this past weekend, I still managed to pull my best time of the year with track temp at 140+ degrees:D

I`ll try to make it out to another, I hope you are there to run a 9

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
sounds like ya'll had fun despite the heat...

didn't figure there would be many show up knowing it was gonna be near 100....

Any pics?

E.

·
Registered
963 Posts
jdagsxr said:
That guy on the r-1 i thought only got 10.4's not 2's.
He was fast but wasnt running that all the time.. I raced him twice and beat him both times.. I believe The 10.5 i ran and one of my 10.6 runs I ran against him.. Not sure how he kept it down most of the time but I do remember watching him pull second up out of the corner of my eye one time...

Now next time I go back I need to learn to use just my foot and no clutch and get a new damn seat from Tobin so my short ass isnt sliding off of the bike...

Was definitely fun, despite the heat....

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
FurryChoCha said:
He was fast but wasnt running that all the time.. I raced him twice and beat him both times.. I believe The 10.5 i ran and one of my 10.6 runs I ran against him.. Not sure how he kept it down most of the time but I do remember watching him pull second up out of the corner of my eye one time...

Now next time I go back I need to learn to use just my foot and no clutch and get a new damn seat from Tobin so my short ass isnt sliding off of the bike...

Was definitely fun, despite the heat....
sliding off or just back :confused: my ass slides back but never off :p granted I'm a good bit taller than you but just can't imagine how one could slide OFF ;)

clutchless shifting def shaves some time off.. if you don't get off TOO much on the gas when you do it... for some reason the last two times I've gone i've had issues with this being a problem for me and not letting me get back down to my 10.5's let alone duplicating my best of 10.3 :crying:

when ya'll going back?

E.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts