Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GixxerSixxer said:
What the hell are you talking about? I have a gixxer and I love it. No problems with it. It's a beautiful thing.
Just throwing out a hook, Erik. Don't be offended.

I've owned numerous GSX-R's, and loved them all. :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sniper said:
Why do the Japanese, especially Suzuki, produce such crap bikes?

They figure if Harley can make shitloads of money doing it why can't they?.

Another question, I wonder how much money a Ducati would cost if they made them reliable?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
oldgixer said:

Another question, I wonder how much money a Ducati would cost if they made them reliable?
Probably reduce 15 to 20%. 10 to 15% from warranty claims savings, other 5% from volume shipping discounts. Full containers are cheaper than one or two at a time.

Additional savings by actually going into mass production on replacement parts could also be realized. That would have a secondary effect of getting the bikes back on the road sooner, therefore breaking down again sooner, therefore needing more parts. Mo' money, mo' money!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dad said:
Probably reduce 15 to 20%. 10 to 15% from warranty claims savings, other 5% from volume shipping discounts. Full containers are cheaper than one or two at a time.

Additional savings by actually going into mass production on replacement parts could also be realized. That would have a secondary effect of getting the bikes back on the road sooner, therefore breaking down again sooner, therefore needing more parts. Mo' money, mo' money!
You're one of the clever one's, Dad.

Shhhh...it's a secret. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts