Sportbike World banner

how annoying is it to bring a bike indoors ?

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  AudioSolstice 
#1 ·
hey..

i will hopefully be picking up my new bike soon (assuming i can find one i like) anyways I used to keep my old bike outdoors, but i want to keep the new one inside. I have a spare room that i used to keep my 250 dirtbike in, not to hard to get in, but do you think taking an R6 or GSXR600 through a normal door will be difficult ??? the bars and foot pegs on the dirtbike were sometimes annoying, but sportbikes are a tad bulkyer.

oh why cant i have a garage ???

thanx

#5 ·
Uhhh?

Smitty said:
Just remember any fire insurance on the home will be dropped if a burned m/c is also found in the home if said home has a fire, be it your home of that of some how owner.
As a licensed insurance agent, I would have to ask for a quote from the home owner's policy before I buy that one!;)

#6 ·
How annoying you ask

Depends how annoying it is to your wife, g-friend, sig other, etc., :D

I kept my bike in the house for 8 months while my garage was out of commission (from a tree) but my g-friend gave me crap about it the whole time (so what if they were in the living room, wasn't like they were sitting on the couch :eek: ....)

Easier thru a sliding glass door. I agree with okie on the insurance thing... I asked my agent when they came to look at the rumble that was my garage and he said as long as the bike didn't cause a fire, your good....

#13 ·
Many years ago I lived with a bunch of guys in Montreal in a huge old duplex. All of us had bikes and most of us stored them in the apartment for the winter (I used my parents’ garage, bless ‘em). So there’s five bikes scattered through the apartment and everyone’s happy. Then one day one of my roomates forgets his key. So enterprising fellow that he is, he kicks in the door. Unfortunately, there’s a cop parked outside who thinks he has just witnessed a break-and-enter and runs after my roomate. After much confusion, my roomate convinces the cop that he lives there and had just forgotten his key but the cop sees all the bikes. He calls the fire marshall, who arrives and orders all the bikes removed now or he’ll impound them. By this time the rest of us have come home and everyone’s getting into it. End result was five very unhappy guys dragging their bikes down two flights of stairs in the middle of a Quebec winter and trying to find homes for them.

#14 ·
blakbird97 said:
End result was five very unhappy guys dragging their bikes down two flights of stairs in the middle of a Quebec winter and trying to find homes for them.
Two flight of stairs!!!??? I would have paid to see that! Wouldn't it have made more sense to chip in for a garage space rental...after all, were talking five guys here!

#17 ·
I mine inside to!

I keep my CBR 600 indoors. The main reason is to reduce my insurance by 50% :) Now it's getting colder it also means that She's frost free every morning.

My Wife's not too bad about it, but our cat keeps setting off the alarm.

As for access, with practice it's not a problem. I just have to watch out for the pegs, indicators and exhaust. I made a ramp from scafold boards, moved a bush (which died) and laid a new path.

I've no idea how it affects the house insurance though.

Repect.

SussexMan.

#18 ·
i also park my bike indoors....way better then leaving her outside.....it also will keep me out of jail by me not having a reason to pop a cap in someone who tries to steal her...also the laws in Louisiana have chnaged that you dont need a no trespassing sign to beat the hell out of someone who trespasses anymore :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.