Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do ya'll think of the Benelli? What's that darned thing supposed to cost?

------------------
Mojo
http://killersurf.com/mojo

"I always get screwed by the system. It's my job.
I'm the universe's bitch." - Drew Carey

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The Aprilia twins and Voxan Boxer are cool, but the Benelli Tre is the overpriced "exotic" that I could actually see buying. Check out Benelli.com, lots of cool pics and even a sound byte of the unique noise the thing makes.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great article, I just wish I knew what the exchange rate is! That thing is gorgeous!

------------------
Mojo
http://killersurf.com/mojo

"I always get screwed by the system. It's my job.
I'm the universe's bitch." - Drew Carey

·
Registered
61 Posts
I guess I've seen pix of two different bikes.
The picture in the Cycle World Nov. issue is the tornado right? I dig that. Now the funky pipe and yellow extractor fans on the other bike are hideous in my humble opinion. I was looking for a button on the bars that launches the fans off the back of the bike,in order to destroy an offending cage's windshield. I guess I'd buy one if it had that option!

What I REALLY dig is the aggressive angles of the fairing, and the color scheme. I just had to take a picture of my gold Katana 600 and "paint" it silver and green in Photoshop!

If I had any desire to keep my Katana, I'd definately paint it up like the Benelli!

That's one damn fine lookin' bike!
WoooooHoooooo!

------------------
I WILL have a Ducati!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedNinja:
For those that are curious, the production bike will run you around $16,000 US and the Limited edition would be around $33,000 at the current exchange rate.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 2000 RC 51, frame # 129, 4500 miles, track prepped for sale for $16,000 US. ;)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Lets see a new Benelli or a RC51 that John has had his bare butt and who knows what else all over it? Huummmmm. Wait, I'm thinking it over. And they are both 16K?

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

·
Registered
503 Posts
ok, i know other moderators dont care what goes on in their forums but there will be no talking of johns bare arse in my forum.. it gives me the willies :D

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedPhreak:
ok, i know other moderators dont care what goes on in their forums but there will be no talking of johns bare arse in my forum.. it gives me the willies :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew I liked you 'Phreak. :D :p

Tristen will give you a willy. :eek:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
653 Posts
Benelli

http://www.2wf.com/html/bikes/latesttest/BenelliTornado/BenelliTornado_Page1.shtml

This is a preview at 2WF.com and there is a link to the Tornado page from there. The bike is awesome. Cagiva MV Agusta F4 is gorgeous. This bike is gorgeous, a technological marvel, and should be a great performer. I imagine this bike is gonna be insanely light in the front. Curious if they have balanced the bike well.

P

·
0 Posts
Speed, which issue are you talking about? I have the February 2001 Sport Rider and didn't see it, and don't recall seeing it in the January issue.

·
Registered
653 Posts
heh, yeah, I found that out too. I swear, these magazines have gotten out of control. February issue out at the beginning of December?! I am guessing he means the December issue.

P

·
0 Posts
SpeedPhreak said:
crap.. it is the december 2k issue. has the BOY & 1st look at the gsxr 600. article starts on pages 42/43.
Damn, and I thought I was gonna see more of the Agusta. You can never see too much of that "beauty."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts