Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the powers that be will ever make a decent and accurate movie about motorcycle road racing? Movie makers have done a number of car (cage) racing flicks, why not motorcycles? I was thinking that a well made, accurate movie would generate interest in and even respect for the professionalism of motorcycle road racing among the general public.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
There is a movie coming out this month sometime, called The Faster Movie, it's based on racing in the MotoGP class, if your a roadrace fan, I'm told by those that have seen a sneak preview that this movie is a Must see...I've seen the trailer, and it looks to be a very good movie...it will also be available on DVD.

www.fastermovie.com

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES!!!!! Thanks for the heads up!! I will definitely be seeing this movie and I WILL be getting the DVD. It's about time somebody made a motorcyle roadracing flick.

·
Registered
860 Posts
i cant remember its damn name but there is a movie comming out by the directors of "the fast and the furious" which the previews seem good...way the hell better than "biker boys" (that movie blew a** hole) if you liked F&F then this one should entertain you

·
Registered
925 Posts
AudioSolstice said:
i cant remember its damn name but there is a movie comming out by the directors of "the fast and the furious" which the previews seem good...way the hell better than "biker boys" (that movie blew a** hole) if you liked F&F then this one should entertain you
Torque? That movie looks about as lame as Too Fast, Bi-Curious. I swear in the trailer when the Aprilia wheelies between the two cars, and pretty much any time after that, it makes an inline 4 sound, either that or my comp was seriously lagging when I watched it.:dunno:

·
Registered
860 Posts
yeah i know what you mean....i noticed some stupid ass sounds that didnt belong in there also....but it hopefully will be more non-homo than biker boys....man i swear if i ever had a shot to make a sportbike movie it would be at least 3 hours long and sorta like driven. but better since it would be about bikes :D

·
Registered
925 Posts
AudioSolstice said:
it would be at least 3 hours long and sorta like driven
I`ve always wanted to see that, and almost rented it a couple times... Its on TNT right now... I`m glad I never rented it. I guess its just like F&F, just take it for what it is (ENTERTAINMENT) and don`t look too into it, and it`ll be good... although thats easier said that done, especially when they yank the steering wheel to the left/right and they`re supposed to be doing almost 200mph :(

Hollywood...

·
Registered
860 Posts
yeah holywood throws alot of stupid shit into movies like that....i think it might be hard to find crazy enough stuntmen to do the wrecks in a bike movie....if they would make a cool bike movie it should be about a young racer making his way to the top it could be like a TOP GUN but with bike and no military involvment...and the title would be "Low Side" or "High Side" or maybe
"Up on One" or "Two" possible names....my 2 cents, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts