·
Registered
865 Posts
I live in Spring myself.........

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Downtown Houston...

Let me know if you want to ride sometime (especially if you know of any decent roads! ;) )

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm in League City. I take the bike out almost every weekend, when the weather's decent. I've found a nice little route up to Liberty and Dayton and back, not Deal's Gap but better than what your used to around Clear Lake. Lately I've been hitting the Sam Houston forest a lot. Quite a haul from League City but well worth it! :D

...and as G-man said, check out HSN.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey S.K. plenty of good roads out towards Beeville and north of Fm1690. Take a ride on scenic 390 just other side of Chapel Hill.
Then if you just don't feel like leaving the "loop" there's always the prospect of a late night romp on Allen Parkway, just watch for the man at the cemetary.
phonse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Allen Parkway is definitely a lot of fun... I live about two blocks from there so I probably spend way more time riding it than I have any right to... Never yet been stopped or even seen a cop. Maybe I've just gotten lucky? I seem to run into a lot of people doing the same thing...

I don't know if anyone enjoys this but me, but one of my favorite things is to do the cloverleaf of Waugh over Memorial. You can get a nice loop going, four uphill or downhill 270 degree turns, with no stoplights, and little possibilty for harrasment from our fine friends in law enforcement. Sometimes I ride that for 30 minutes or more, just trying to do it more smoothly, and a little bit faster. It's a great place to practice, although I can probably only turn right as a result of doing it too often :D (I have chicken strips on one side and scraped pegs on the other).

A couple direction questions:

Where is 390?

Which way do you go to get to Liberty...

·
Registered
34 Posts
to dlinder

dl,
390 is north of Chapel Hill. Take 290 west to Chapel Hill, turn right off 290 at the light. Follow road through town to end at tee, approx. 8 to 10 miles. turn left. take road to next tee intersection. turn right. about 1/2 mile look for sign that says "scenic 390", turn left. follow signs. First few miles are straight nothing. you will make a left where indicated to stay on 390 and then the fun begins.
Sorry I cannot give specific road numbers but if you look at a state map you should be able to find the route. 390 will end back on 290 just this side of Roundtop.
As for Liberty, don't know of what you ask.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Liberty is east of Houston. Like I said, the route is no Deal's Gap, but it's not bad compared to what we see in south east Houston. It's easily within striking distance of Clearlake. Good way to kill about two and a half hours. I head up to I-10, exit at Cove go up to Dayton over to Liberty and back down again. There are actually some much nicer roads North of Houston between Conroe and Navasota. PM me and I'll give you some exact road numbers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings!
I just moved to Katy, and I am also looking for places to ride, and like minded people to ride with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's a group, Honda Sport Riders Assoc., that meets on Sundays, north of FM1960 on Kuykendall, at a Starbucks. Look for them on the web. Do not know the current leader but they were a good group of mature riders on various types of sportbikes. Knew some good roads, followed good and safe group riding practices, and seemed to be able to leave egos at home. If this is what you are looking for then look them up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Texas City

My bro'-in-law and I are in Texas City, I ride THE '99 BlackBird and Bro's got the '00 VFR 8,we're always looking for places to go and people to ride with.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I live in Montgomery...i.e. National Forest. About 1/2 mile from where Tigertex & Cam frequent. I am a little on the newbie side, but gaining experience w/ every ride. The only problem is the weather sucks and it looks like we have a 100% of sucky forcasted for the next week or so.:mad: :finger:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Katy here....!!!!

I normally ride on my own and I like to ride that way, also commute everyday (as far as is no raining) to my office located in the Galleria Area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1960 and 45 Spring area . Sportbike not running yet but won't be long

1 - 20 of 34 Posts