Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a Detroit Sport Bikes even that I'm gonna try and make, rode with a few of these guys last year.

It's time again to head to Hooters! This has always been our biggest ride and this year will be no exception! The ride starts at Hooters of Roseville and ends at the Hooters in Flint. It's a back road ride that takes around an hour to complete. The meeting time is 12:eek:opm on Sunday May 20th at the Hooters on 14 mile and Gratiot in Roseville. The Flint Hooters has been gracious enough to let us unwind and enjoys some great food and service after the ride. Last year it was HOT so bring a kickstand plate to keep your bike from sinking in the parking lot. We hope to see you there!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Since you're friends with them, have you talked to them about doing stuff together or have you just decided to post their rides?

I'll be in Florida so it'll have to be next time. Since there's no rides set up for us yet that I know of, I guess I'll have to look at that when I get back.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Headlight said:
This is a Detroit Sport Bikes even that I'm gonna try and make, rode with a few of these guys last year.

It's time again to head to Hooters! This has always been our biggest ride and this year will be no exception! The ride starts at Hooters of Roseville and ends at the Hooters in Flint. It's a back road ride that takes around an hour to complete. The meeting time is 12:eek:opm on Sunday May 20th at the Hooters on 14 mile and Gratiot in Roseville. The Flint Hooters has been gracious enough to let us unwind and enjoys some great food and service after the ride. Last year it was HOT so bring a kickstand plate to keep your bike from sinking in the parking lot. We hope to see you there!
Let me know if you want to meet up at 12 and Orchard to ride to Roseville?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bluto said:
Since you're friends with them, have you talked to them about doing stuff together or have you just decided to post their rides?

I'll be in Florida so it'll have to be next time. Since there's no rides set up for us yet that I know of, I guess I'll have to look at that when I get back.
No I have not discussed any joint ventures with them as of yet since the last time I attempted to discuss doing joint ventures with this club at both an officers and membership meeting I got blown off. However it is my understanding that a couple of them showed up for the mothers day eve ride.

As far as rides setup for us goes, why don't you plan one? Oh wait that's right you planned one meeting this year so your done aren't you? Worry about your role, not mine.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Headlight said:
No I have not discussed any joint ventures with them as of yet since the last time I attempted to discuss doing joint ventures with this club at both an officers and membership meeting I got blown off. However it is my understanding that a couple of them showed up for the mothers day eve ride.

As far as rides setup for us goes, why don't you plan one? Oh wait that's right you planned one meeting this year so your done aren't you? Worry about your role, not mine.
I don't remember any blowing off as you talk about. We talked about not having a problem setting up something with another club...we've never had a problem with it. Matter of fact we wanted to talk to them about going in on a booth together at the next cycle world show. I figured you would be the one to do that. You've been sportin’ their shirt since they gave one to you so I figure you had the relationship with them.

I told you, when I get back from vaca I'll plan some rides. There's been 2 meetings and 1 tire seminar thus far. I don't have the option to not worry about your role since I'm ultimately responsible for the job you and everyone else does for the membership. I know you must understand that so your comment is irritating.

So I'll make you a deal, you set up a group ride for the end of May and I'll set up a meeting for early June. Agreed?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bluto said:
I don't have the option to not worry about your role since I'm ultimately responsible for the job you and everyone else does for the membership. I know you must understand that so your comment is irritating.

So I'll make you a deal, you set up a group ride for the end of May and I'll set up a meeting for early April. Agreed?
You have to be around and accessible to be affected. I'm glad my comment is irritating maybe it'll spark something.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RSWarrior said:
hey fellas.....how bout those Tigers eh?:D
I have no idea, but the Wings looked smokin hot last night. :D

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Well I'll be sure to quit my job to improve your opinion of my accessibility even though I disagree with you...but you still haven't said if you agree to my proposal for action. Group ride for a meeting? In other words, you set stuff up for me to be around at and in turn I'll be around more. (as long as I'm not traveling for work which was substantial this spring) And you promise to be around for stuff like the tire seminar...I'll even pay for your gas if need be. Can't pass up an offer like that with gas at over 3 bucks a gallon. Deal?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hmmm, chuck has a job that requires extensive travel....
Headlight is mad because he's not around enough....
WOW!.... Sounds like Wendy is getting pushed aside, when is the date guys?:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

Headlight got caught cheating with another club....!

·
Registered
49 Posts
booger_2 said:
Hmmm, chuck has a job that requires extensive travel....
Headlight is mad because he's not around enough....
WOW!.... Sounds like Wendy is getting pushed aside, when is the date guys?:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger
:eek:

LMAO :p

·
Registered
264 Posts
Remember,,,,, If it feels like more than two fingers, it's probly a dick...

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Bluto said:
When we're not fighting about stuff like this we're close friends...but not THAT close. :barf2:
It would be nice if club members could look at a finished calender and plan ahead for rides, club events, and time off work for such\ to be well integrated with one's ongoing family and friends events...:2cents:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
booger_2 said:
Remember,,,,, If it feels like more than two fingers, it's probly a dick...
OMG that is so funny! :laughing:

Well, I gotta say, I see a lot of talk and finger pointing but not a lot of result. It seems to be the case with a lot of things. I'm trying to stay neutral but, if you are elected as an officer of the club, then I think that person owes it to the people who elected him/her to get things done and move forward. :thumb: It would also be nice if members would actually make it to meetings!! We could probably get twice as many things accomplished!!

Hey, do we have ID cards yet? :twofinger

Jen

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Duner said:
It would be nice if club members could look at a finished calender and plan ahead for rides, club events, and time off work for such\ to be well integrated with one's ongoing family and friends events...:2cents:
Done it before...we'll do it again...but doens't improve participation much. Thanks for volunteering tho! Gotta have events set up to plan for. I'll set some up when I get back.

·
Registered
625 Posts
the clubhouses I've been in, when stuff like this comes up...its out to the yard to settle your differences.....most of the time it gets handled well before that though....but its a great option

1 - 20 of 31 Posts