Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising at a constant speed, my bike seems to miss a beat. It's hard to explain, but it feels like one cylinder doesn't fire. It is only for a split second and has only happened 4 times (different rides and speeds). The speed does not seem to matter as this has happened while at 60, 70, 80 and 90. I got this bike with 1 mile on it. It now has 6,000. The only mechanical change has been the a swap of the stock pipe for a Micron Carbon slip on. 3 of the burps/hiccups occured before the swap, so I don't believe that has anything to do with it. Has anyone experienced a similar problem. It has happened so infrequently, that I'm tempted to ignore it, but the bike is still under warranty. If this is an indication of serious problem, then I would like to get it repaired under warranty. However, I don't want them to have bike for 2 weeks and then tell me they couldn't duplicate the problem.

Any ideas or suggestion?

TIA

------------------
http://gsxr750.sportbikeworld.com -Almost finished!
Formerly known as GSXR750

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
No it doesn't sound like a serous problem.

Can you tell me when it happens.. Sounds like
it happens in on/off throttle maybe???
Try to narrow it down and I will help as much
as I can.

------------------
If the front wheel's in the air, Your front tire you will spare.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I1aCBR:
While cruising at a constant speed...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In case you missed it the first time :D, j/k

It has only happened if I'm maintaining a constant speed. For instance, cruising the highway at a steady 70mph. I have never felt it during acceleration or decelleration.

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would speculate your main jets are too small or floats are too low, this may be due to the pipe, (more flow), in a lean fuel condition you may not have a lean condition on acceleration, due to more fuel being added with throttle action, at cruise however the fuel circuits are static and this is where float level and jetting comes in to play. I would say you have a diminishing fuel condition. Try throwing the old can back on and see what happens, or have the bike properly jetted if necessary. Of course i could be wrong, but didnt this start to occur after you put the slip on on??

Perhaps others have some different theories..

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a valid question. I have not changed the plugs yet. That is where I was going to start, but I thought I would pose the question here first and see if anyone else had experienced this.

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts