Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it coming? The gsxr750 is incredible, but a honda 800 would be even better. Anyone have any idea whether the rule cahnges for MotoGP (which honda is leading right now) will get us a Honda 800?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Not likely that Honda will produce an 800cc bike because of the MotoGP rule change. It isn't likely any manufacturer will. There just isn't enough of a market for them. The 1000cc bikes will be the market.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree that motogp changes probably won't affect manufacturers models to the public. On the other hand, I think 750-800 cc is perfect for the street and BMW just put out an 800 so somebody must agree. Cheaper insurance than the liter bikes also!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
hoopster said:
I agree that motogp changes probably won't affect manufacturers models to the public. On the other hand, I think 750-800 cc is perfect for the street and BMW just put out an 800 so somebody must agree. Cheaper insurance than the liter bikes also!
BMW is a whole different market segment.

Actually my RC-51 had very reasonable insurance but it was a twin litre not a four.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
hoopster said:
That's good to know 'cause I've always liked the rc-51. Too bad I can only have one bike. :(
Mine ran about 100 bucks more a year than my 96 VFR. Keep in mind though that reasonable is a relative term. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah definitley all the manufacturers won't mass produce these gp bikes. Yes there is a market for the liter bikes, and we will see most of the newer technology from these world class gp bikes integrated into a street friendly verision. expect the cbr's in 08 to have many similarities to the gp bike. honda already took most of the ideas from the the 211 into the street machines. it will be interesting to see if it happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts