Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know where I can find tear-offs for an HJC CL-12 helmet. The bugs here in MN are awful around dusk and at night. I had to stop at a gas station last night and squeege my visor. Also, does anyone have any experience with HJC mirrored visors? Worth it or not.....stick with the smoke?

:D

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you can't find tear offs that work you might try something a friend of mine does. He keeps a very wet cloth (vinegar works great) in a baggie in his pocket that he can pull out & wipe away most of the bugs without stopping. The baggie isn't sealed up, it justs keeps the water/vinegar on the cloth from soaking into his pocket & he keeps it in the front left pocket of his jacket that snaps close. It makes it pretty easy to get enough of the bug juice off his visor with 1 hand that he can see again & he only slows down a little.
I haven't tried it because my left hand doesn't work:( & if I used my right hand I couldn't maintain my speed.
Just a thought, good luck bro:thumb:

·
Registered
386 Posts
irridum is your god

i have 4 face shields for my HJC CL-12, the original clear one, and 3 irridum mirrored visors (silver, blue, and purple)... um.. i say get one, during the day it kills all the glare and makes it very comfortable to ride, and at night *gasp* it's crystal clear, it looks just like a clear visor EXCEPT that it dulls those bastards with HID lights, or their brights on. I'd say go for it and get one of the irridum mirroed lenses - also, as far as cleaning your visor goes, just carry a small washcloth with you, and pick up some Plexus at your local bike store, stuff is amazing, a bottle the size of your pinky has 325 squirts in it, and 1-2 squirts is a crystal clear visor - that won't hurt your irridum, oh - and did i mention you can also clean anywhere on your bike with it?.. it's neat.. anyway - yea... ;]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts