Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up with that today? I want to see everyone illegal person that was on CNN proclaiming that they were illegal to be shipped out of the USA now! If they want to protest, that's fine, but not showing up for work? I hope they get fired. It’s actually easy to replace non-skilled jobs especially with the alarming rate of high-school drop outs in the US. (See, it's a good thing why kid’s theses days are dumb, lol, jk).

At my workplace, we had 5 no shows and will be fired tomorrow. My boss' void their electronic passes so they can't even get back in the building unless they go through the main office. I hope other business' have a no tolerance policy like ours. If you don't show up for work, face the penalties.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I agree. They are trying to show that they should be allowed to stay by trying to stop buisnesses from running. My moms elementary school had 30% of their students absent today due to their parents wanting to go protest. This stuff pisses me off. I have no problems with immigrants, just the illegal ones that refuse to go through the proper channels and break the laws, but are shocked as sh$t to find out that they could be prosecuted for it. Friggin morons...

Sepias

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are thinking they have rights in the US as citizens, but they aren't one so they have no legal rights. If they wanted to be treated like US citizens, become one damnit. They need to pay taxes and have legal citizenship in this country like everyone else. They are sucking the southwestern states' public services dry, expecially the hospital services. Not trying to be mean and say they are sub-human who have no rights, but they have no "legal" rights. Everyone has basic human rights. They seem to not understand the difference. Stay in school.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I agree, become a citizen then talk. I know its not just that easy, but it's been made difficult for a reason, 9/11 to be exact. But you still can become a citizen, I have a few friends who came on work visa's and have since become citizens. I have no problem with that since they went through the proper channels. But just coming over and bypassing the laws set in place is just idiotic. I like the policy the Dutch have put into place. There is a manditory video that they must watch, showing their customs and beleifs followed by a citizenship test, and they are also REQUIRED TO SPEAK THE NATIVE LANGUAGE!!!

Sepias

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm... Dutch don't have a good track record in the world today anymore... I mean Iran renounced their chocolate trade. Thats like a slap in the face with a white glove from Michael Jackson. Isn't he in Dubai?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
They might not, but they are setting the trend for all of europes immagration policies. Germany has adopted many of the rules for citizenship that the Dutch now have in place. Several other countries are looking into doing the same.

Sepias

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I have a colony of friggin pissed off squirrels in the oak tree over my driveway. They throw acorns at me every time I got to my car (no I'm not kidding)... I can't wait until my cat catches them. Furry little basterds, atleast we could put them to use:D

Sepias

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
LOL! I should give that a try. "Or beware, vicious attack squirrel!"

My brother in law refuses to park his new Avalaunch in our driveway because of those squirrels.

Sepias

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got this from a friend:
MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

David M. Bresnahan
April 1, 2006
NewsWithViews.com
Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family,
and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the
border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few
arrangements. I know you can help with this. I plan to skip all the
legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm
sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you
mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way
over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might
need, whether I use them or not.
3. All government forms need to be printed in English.
4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the
flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy
access to government services.
9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort
to learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo
from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police
officers speak English.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on
my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any
complaints or negative comments from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and
dont enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and
never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place
on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things
for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that
Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.
However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail
hunting with your V.P. Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely, David M. Bresnahan

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi JBaz & SepiasSoul-

Your assessments, observations, and sentiments are completely accurate and 100% correct. I would question the patriotism of anyone who would disagree with what you've written...even the squirrel part.

We wouldn't see so much absurd "marching in the street" if these freeloaders paid their fair share of taxes, paid their medical insurance, paid their car insurance, obeyed our laws, and contributed to our infrastructure in a meaningful way. Well done and keep the faith.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi JBaz-

These illegal invaders doing the protesting have no stake in the long-term welfare of our country. They are here to get a paycheck without the "hassle" of taxes. They take, take, take any social program offered and contribute virtually nothing in return. The number of hospitals closing due to bankruptcy in the southwestern part of the country is a medical nightmare for legal citizens. It is a complete disgrace that we could allow this to happen in our country.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any news report about the actual economic impact of their so called "boycott" today? I wouldn't think too much of it. Just the labor pool.

If this country is serious in their efforts for immigration reform, then we need to have a much more organized citizen categorization system. Sure social security does this, but there are so many flaws in that system that its almost easy to get issued a new number by mail, as many of independent sources have shown in the past years. Instead of fixing SS categorization system, just need a new system that acts as a supplement to SS (more like the SS supplements a new system as a backup).

While this, even though labor intensive jobs will still be in demand, companies will need to adapt in the market of labor demand and adjust accordingly with the economy. I think that the American Society/Culture has been tainted with the ever-so vast amounts of Wal-Mart’s / Sam’s huge distribution based businesses around this country where everyone is accustomed to low priced crap, that we will not spend our hard earned money on decent crap. The trend of buying more, saving more became increasingly big as the 1990's era of economic height rained in. This is what made Wal-Mart grow so fast.

With the world economics has increased and expanded so much in the past decade or two to become a true global market, this has opened a sort of Pandora’s economic box of wealth; the wealth of goods, the wealth of services, and the wealth of competition. Even though competition is good in most areas, but you must consider that some 2/3 of businesses in America are small office/home based businesses. A mom and pop's store in KY can't compete with say a European supermarket that ships their goods across the street in shear volume to reduce the cost per item.

Now that the China Free Trade agreement is in full swing, Wal-Mart has taken full advantage of their cheap labor force. Even though Bush said it was a Free trade between the two countries, the only thing we ship to them are raw materials for the products that they make and ship back; almost essentially making us look like a 3rd world country.

While labor demand is high in the US, don't be fooled for long. Technology is on a rise once more, just like in the 1990's, but only this time it’s far more complex. As America will never have the labor capacity as China has, our ingenuity in technology will make up for it. Technology design has now grown into a huge sector of manufacturing. Not are they trying to figure out how to make something new, but the process to make something new on a large scale, faster, better, higher quality, cheaper, and on-demand. Many companies in the US are leading in technology Design in where they can develop a new product, how to make it, and the complete manufacturing of the product in a turn out of just a few months in mass production.

As Technology evolves and the process of making the product becomes more efficient and faster, the US will have an effect means against the labor demand. This has been shown in several markets such as textiles, farming, and mass-retail. The down side is that it would require a large enough capital to invest in such high-tech machines for processes. This is why small businesses are having a tough time when it comes to competing against foreign companies. It's hard enough to keep loyal customers when someone else makes the same thing and sells it in your area for half the price.

Besides mass-marketing, the next best thing is customer retainment where you market your service more then the actual product or go into a niche market (custom) where only you or only a hand full of companies offer what you offer therefore you can market you company much easier in theory. Because of this, your target market is not broad anymore, its more specific and the more specific you get, the less amount of people you will be targeting it to, assuming they want your business in the first place.

As more and more companies are turning corporate, corporate America is based upon profits and revenues. To do this, you have to reduce cost and the easiest way to reduce cost is to reduce what you spend on how to obtain or make your product. If companies see that they can save a good % on the cost per item of good by reducing benefits, pay rates, and no bonus’ to their employee’s they’ll do it. The problem is, since the introduction of Wal-Mart and the huge expansiveness in America, they have set a new standard in corporate America where price is king and cost is low. They have no heart, no sol in a business, just the pure ideology of making money and making their investors happy. Not their employee’s. A true capitalistic society the US is.

Since Wal-Mart has been in business and expanded to well over a 3500 stores nationwide and plenty more internationally, they have ran many companies out of business by using cheap companies such as China to produce goods. One high-profile business, Rubbermaid, bankrupted mainly because of Wal-Mart. Rubbermaid, a once leading company of high-quality plastic products, marketed their goods through retails such as Wal-Mart. In the 1990’s, when the price of resin increased significantly, a main ingredient in the making of plastics, Rubbermaid had to increase their prices through out their product line to cover the increased manufacturing cost. Wal-Mart is a price-based business where they want to achieve the lowest price as possible to pass along to their customers while retaining their profit margin. Wal-Mart would not agree to the price increase of all Rubbermaid products. Because of this, Rubbermaid had to stop selling any of their products through Wal-Mart and had to use other not as large retail stores such as Target. At that time, Rubbermaid roughly sold about 80% of their products through Wal-Mart alone. In 1999, Rubbermaid almost bankrupted and was sold off to Newell, Inc. “Wal-Mart has grown from an economic player into an economic plague.”

Sorry for the essay.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
My take (which is wholly different than either of yours'):
Protests are fine and are part of this Great Nation. Yes, they're here illegally. But we (collectively) want them to do the work we won't do for the pay being offered in the vast majority of circumstances. Suggestion of the "vast" numbers of people who want that work are fictitious. There is NO evidence I've seen to suggest we could continue our businesses without immigrant labor in most circumstances (where they already exist).

So, the choices are to spend huge quantities of money which we don't have to remove them and shut down many services we like to pay little to nothing for or create a guest worker program. Nobody, I think, including the immigrants themselves, believes they should get citizenship any faster than through normal channels.

What pisses me off. They don't pay the annual income tax like everybody else. Yet they consume our gov't (aka schools, etc) and health care (aka hospital) services. That free ride must end.

These are wholly my own perspectives and they are unlikely to change without quality reasoning and evidence to support them. Anecdotes are worthless in these cases, just as they are in cases of "welfare mommies" everybody complains about but which are the very rare exceptions rather than anything resembling a rule.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts