1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm surpised the guy was able to move after that.

I first watched it without sound and though it was just an accident. How did all those police officers get there so fast?

That's a rough way of taking a guy out. I supposed he deserved it. I guess he seemed alright, with the way they carried him to the ambulance hand cuffed and belly down.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
My thanks for some video on that incident a few months ago in Spain. We all knew about the dumb cluck & how they stopped him, but this is the first time I have seen the footage.

Pity is that the grenade pin did not come off where ever he had it, or if(?) he had it.

So I too am not to enthused about people like this.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that guy picked the wrong time and place. He got what he deserved.:2cents:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
One, he took people as hostages. Not the smartest choice of getaway vehicle from his part. But I suppose he must really love riding, choosing a motorcycle in a situation like that. :p

It was pretty gruesome, the bike shattered to pieces like ceramics. But at least the cops didn't straight out shoot/snipe the guy from far. Cops in the States sometimes aren't any better, if not worse.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you have hostages then I can see sniping the guy as a very viable option; people's lives are in danger. While this guy did commit a crime, he was no longer endangering anyone. It's like the Texan who thinks he has the right to shoot anyone as long as they are on his property uninvited.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That qualify as trespassing, so yes. lol. I'm sorta currently living in the south, so rules here are different.

And actually, that guy was endangering people, supposedly he was carrying a grenade. Which raises the question, whether the cop running over him was a good strategy to apprehend, knowing he was carrying an explosive?

And besides, when he took people as hostages, he was already scarred.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts