Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch on my 86 Interceptor slips at High RPM's when I get on it. Is there any way to adjust the pressure on it, or do I just need to buy new clutch plates. Also, do I check my oil with the bike leaning over on the stand, or straight up. And could improper oil level cause the slip? Sorry, but its my first bike and my manual hasnt arrived yet, so I'm clueless.

------------------

·
Registered
65 Posts
It sounds like it might be time for new clutch plates, but consult the manual when it gets in, it should have troubleshooting guides in it. With regard to checking the oil, do it with the bike standing straight, not leaning. Good luck...

------------------
C'mon guys! It's all ball bearings these days!...STC

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you don't have a rear wheel stand-----Get One!

Welcome to the show :)

------------------
Dave FZR1

"Master....Master... where's the dreams that I've been after

Master...Master...You promised only lies

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes, get a rear stand, BUT...

Don't check your oil level on it! Make sure the tires are on level ground, and the bike is standing straight up. On a stand, the bike tilts forward, and it will give you a false reading.

For your clutch... if it hasn't ever been replaced, then a 1986 clutch definitely needs to be replaced!

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.

G

·
Hey Man,

I agree with everyone, Just want to add that It could be your clutch cable is not adjusted properly, but sounds like new Plates!

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts