Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 cbr and have pretty much made up my mind to go with the M4 high mount. If you have a high mount that retains the pegs how is the pipe on the passenger being that close to there foot, leg..etc after the pipe warms up? Cause you know the terrible down side to having a sportbike is all the girls want to ride;) and I don't want burnt shoe rubber on the pipe you know... Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
good choice on the pipe!I was going to get that one also but the wife was really against it for the burn factor , but the m4 has an offset of about 3.5 inches from the pipe from what I hvae read so that further than the stock pipe so it shouldnt be a problem..but when sitting in traffic stop in go the heat being alittle closer to the passenger may wwarm her up a little hope this help and I dont think Im miss leading you..Since I am fairly new to the sportbike world..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pewter_LS1 said:
good choice on the pipe!I was going to get that one also but the wife was really against it for the burn factor , but the m4 has an offset of about 3.5 inches from the pipe from what I hvae read so that further than the stock pipe so it shouldnt be a problem..but when sitting in traffic stop in go the heat being alittle closer to the passenger may wwarm her up a little hope this help and I dont think Im miss leading you..Since I am fairly new to the sportbike world..
Any thing that will help warm up the little woman:twofinger

·
Registered
54 Posts
warming things up

I have a Micron pipe on mine but I had the pipe powdercoated black. I have found that the coating seems to keep the pipe cooler so that it won't burn any rubber or skin! And for only $30, I thought it was worth it.:thumb:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've got the aluminum Sport Hi-mount on mine. Though I don't ride passengers a lot those that had ridden haven't had any complaints of heat. Don't even have any melt marks from their shoes on there. I love the pipe. I have no complaints about it, except for the fact that there's no PCIIIr map for it. But, hey, you can't have EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Re: warming things up

ryanbz2001 said:
I have a Micron pipe on mine but I had the pipe powdercoated black. I have found that the coating seems to keep the pipe cooler so that it won't burn any rubber or skin! And for only $30, I thought it was worth it.:thumb:
Got any pics of that??? Sounds kind of interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts