Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has it gotten to be winter already? :eek: Have all the bears gone to hibernate? This place is dead! Lets see some action!
:cool:
What is everybody's favorite thing to do when the bikes are sleeping?
I would have to choose skiing, even though I don't do it as often as I would like.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hand me that straight-jacket please!

Hey Tyler,

Well, I go out to the garage sit on the bike and make noises. Then I clean and do maintenance. Repeat, repeat..........or fool around with the guitar, listen to blues and just drive my wife nuts. I find that going down to the dealer looking at the new bikes helps - sometimes. Then after a while I get out the videos of the past year GP and Superbike racing and watch them, and watch them. I also find that improving my little world in the garage helps too. Then I do the same thing the next day.

How about you? What's your medicine for the winter?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Homework, homework, homework.

I also go downstairs and sit on my bike and sometimes even start it! My daughters are starting swim team at their high school, so i will be doing the shuttle thing! Classes this semester end a week before Christmas. I start another semester in January. I try not to think about riding too much, i miss it so. I see a few HD's riders out riding and think how cold they must be or how stupid they must be. Granted on sunny, and I stress SUNNY, half descent days, i may get the bike out for a short spin.

Come on spring.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I spend every waking moment possible at work.:rolleyes: I have to earn enough money to have a good time the following summer.

(I have a tendency to go out into the garage and sit on my bike and dream of riding, too Thunderheart! I guess that I'm not the only neurotic one here.:twofinger )

·
Registered
380 Posts
I still ride on sunny or even not-so sunny days as long as it's not raining, ice or snow. They may only be 30 minute rides, but dammit they still count! Now that I finally have a garage to call my own, I will be spending many a moment going out and sitting on the bike, taking out some Q-Tips for detail (now I can finally try to get the crud off the rear section from 2 years of being a slacker about cleaning). Most of my weekends (and weeknights) will probably be devoted to house stuff for a long while, so I have to try to get it done now, before next spring and summer. Last year I drove my girlfriend crazy putting my helmet on and running around the apartment making "zoom,zoom" noises. She's overjoyed now that I have 3 floors to be a nutball on!:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
QUOTE]How cold does it have tobe to keep you from riding? If its under 47 F then its for a very short ride.[/QUOTE]
It'll take a lot colder than 47 to keep me inside. A few weeks back I was out for about 2 hours in 27F weather. If you dress properly; i.e. leather jacket, leather pants, boots, gloves, it's not too bad. The main thing is the leather to keep the wind out, I can deal with 27 degree weather, I can't deal with 80mph wind chill. Leather pants are definately the best thing I've bought. I found a pair of plain pants, no sliders or armor, for just under $100, and I love them when it gets cold out. Denim just doesn't do much to keep the wind out. (Plus, chicks dig tight leathers, right?...Right? :D :D )
Oh, and back to the main thread, I'm looking for a four-wheeler to allow me to do stupid things with a large motor between my legs all winter long. I traded the last one in to get my 929 (a worthy cause)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts