Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, just want to say "Hi". I have been active on other sportbike sites. Nice to find this one as well!

Be safe and good riding!!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am about 1 hour south of Flint, just north of Detroit aong Lake St. Clair. There is a very active R.A.T. or Rider Association of Triumph in Detroit. About 25 active members. You get a free membership when you buy a new Triumph, if you are getting a used one it is bucks. They plan about 10 events throughout the year and are a great bunch of guys.

take a look at www.classiccycle.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
mich-st, hi:) good friend of mine is thinking of trading his 98 VFR for a sprint ST:cool:
what are your opinions of your bike? did you ever ride a VFR?

he is looking for more low end torque:)
also ever have any problems with yours:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have ridden allot of the current sporttourers. The ST4, ST4S, VFR and of course my ST. I rode a 98' VFR a couple years ago, a very nice bike. Really, if you want my honest opinion, I would tell your friend just to keep his current VFR. The Sprint will give you more power and a better midrange, but it handles at little bit heavier. It really would make since to keep his current steed.

I think the new VFR and Sprint ST are the way to go, if you want new. The VFR more sporting, the ST more grunt (10 more Hp over my 2001 model). The VFR is better looking, but overall, I love a triple engine. You really cant go wrong either way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts