Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined tonite & wanted to say hello to a world full of like- minded people. I'm slowly getting used to this internet thing but so far it's been fun. Now a question for anyone who has fitted heli-bars onto their bike. Is it a worth-while mod. as I have just come home from a tour of the Somme battlefields in northern France & the only problem I had was a sore right hand. ( VFR 750 ) Does fitting heli's help ? Apart from that, SBW rocks!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome. :cool:

I miss my VFR sometimes... really a great bike. :)

Since you are only having problems with your right hand, I doubt that heli-bars will cure the problem. It will probably help but not cure. I had trouble with my throttle hand on the VFR too. I was mainly because you never really get to rest that hand. You might want to try one of the "cruise control" devices that will let you remove your right hand from the throttle occasionally. I had one on my VFR for a while before I bought the RC-51. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!:)
I have a "throttle lock" on my bike and it sure is a great item to have on any long trip. You can take your hand off the throttle and flex it etc.... Mine is a NEP brand.

JIM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts