Sportbike World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just passed my BRC/MSF this weekend and, I guess when the RMV decides to be efficient and mail it out, licensed to drive a motorcycle! I'm a brand new rider but had a lot of confidence towards the end on my little Rebel that I did the course on. I've been driving automatics for the 7 years I've been driving cars (23 y/o now) so maneuvering the clutch, throttle, and brakes was a challenge.

Anyway, I went out and got myself a sweet, lime green 2010 Ninja 250 today. I had set aside $5k for my bike plus accessories (I already have gear), and I came in at right around $4,600 total with bike, HJC helmet, bike cover, alarm, some cleaning supplies, and every incidental you can think of (including tax, title, plates, delivery, and insurance.). They had to lower it a few inches for me since I'm a short, petite chick at 5'3" so I should be getting it by Thursday or Friday.

I wanted to make a general comment too: some of the posts on this forum are... wow. Naive? Stupid? Reckless? I hope I never come across an inexperienced rider on an R1 down any highway that I'm on. Thanks a lot for all the advice you guys put out here. It seems like a good number of posts on here are irresponsible, illiterate pissants who can't and don't want to listen, but us normal people who want to be responsible and well-informed about bikes really appreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts