Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to purchase my first bike, I've pretty set on a SV650. I have little experiance with street bikes. But I have had many quads and dirt bikes and recently rode my friends 05 CBR 600RR. Very fun but a little too much for me right now

Now my question is this, I can't seem to find a used SV650 in my area worth a shit so I was wondering if I could get some help or somthing on finding the bike. I also would like to know what year models are carbed and what ones are FI and any other important differences. Hate to be a noob but ya gotta start somwhere. And this is the first place I came across :)

And I noticed that CMD954 is in monkey town, I'm about 20 mins away from you in Tallassee. Small world

Thanks in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Welcome to SBW.
Smart choice on the starter. Someone should correct me on this, I believe SV's went to fuel injection in '03. Having never owned one, I'm not too sure.
The best place I know of to look for used bikes is the thrifty nickel, or its local equivalent.

When you do get a bike, consider getting frame sliders. They are only $50-$100 and will save you a ton of money when you drop it.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Check out svrider.com, where you'll find an SV-specific forum. This provides two things (minimally) of interest to you:
1) A classified section that has lots of SV's for sale in it (usually). You will probably be able to find one close to you.

2) Information on the various years and any interesting mods (free or otherwise).

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're still looking for a bike, you might check Craig's list. I'm not sure how active it is in your area, but there is a local hub, so..
http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/mcy/

(I got my CBR 600 F2 from CL, lots of bikes on there!)

I'd also just check the surrounding areas.. I looked at the CL motorcycle section for your local area (I think) and it was pretty dead. *shrugs*

Just a thought, though.

Best of luck, and be safe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts