Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just found your site. I ride a Buell X1. Lots of fun. I see this site has about the same turn out of Buell riders as other sites. I look forward to hearing from Buell riders as well as all others.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't see too many Buell riders on the sport bike sites. I don't know why, they stick to the Buell sites but I think they are for the most part pretty boring. I like the energy that this site has. I'll check back often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 99 M2 and i would not trade it for anything. I love the looks it gets and i can't wipe the smile off my face while riding. I have ridden other sports bikes and they just don't compare.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Finally got some decent weather here and I'm finding every excuse to run office errands. That rumble renews my soul!

Ride Safe,
Kev

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well, i just bought a 2000 buell lightning x1 and i love it to death. I did some research and from what some people said i was a bit leary in buying it but after reading enough i went for it and havent regretted it yet. First thing i did was buy a new computer for it and it seems to help alot and i also went for the vance and hines slip on exhaust wich gives it a wonderfull rumble. Also i went to my local paint shop and had those ugly dull black boxes painted to match the bike wich gives it a larger look. Although going into harley shops you kinda feel like the black sheep of the family, but thats a good thing ....right???... As i told some die hard harley guys my bike is what your sportster has wet dreams about. well i've been around harleys my whole life and a ducati might be faster and a honda might be more relable but one thing ive learned is it's not about going fast on a machine(well sorta) but being one with it and its not just riding for us american guys on our harleys/buells its a way of life and that [email protected]#$ you attitude that goes along with it. sorry didnt mean to get all deep on you. But i leave you with this.... Ask any harley/buell owner to buy any thing else and notice that middle finger he shows you it is the largest you will ever see.
:twofinger later all

·
Registered
11 Posts
My X1

I have had my X1 for over a year now and love it more than ever.
After getting it,I put the race ECM,race air filter kit,a White bros.exhaust,updated shifter,and an undertail.
I started work on the engine 3 days ago,and am missing riding it already.I am installing stage III heads,SEII cams,Millenium big bore cylinders,hurricane pistons,roller rockers,JIMS hydrosolid lifters,Crane adjustable pushrods,and adjustable pushrod covers.
I should be finished in a day or two,then go for a slow ride.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
phatkidwit1eye said:
Although going into harley shops you kinda feel like the black sheep of the family, but thats a good thing ....right???... As i told some die hard harley guys my bike is what your sportster has wet dreams about.
LMAO :D :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts