Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am a Colorado native who rides daily on the BMW and races my GSXR 600. I am considering a move from Colorado to the Ft Lauderdale area. I'm interested in hearing how the racing scene is as well as any rides in the area. I have the benefit of having all the Colo. mountains to tear it up if i so desire but would rather drag a knee on the track.
I'm an firm believer in gear and have enough to ride year round here.
I spend most of my time with the Colorado Sportbike Forum and the Motorcycle Roadracing Association forum but thought I would see if I could get some info about Florida riding before I make the big jump.

Thanks,
-Doug
Semper Fi

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
That's been my impression too, lots of bike theft. My read is there's lots of racing...... on the streets of Miami :rolleyes: There are probably some not-so-well-known tracks but the ones in the Southeast that come to mind include VIR (in Viginia) and Barber (AL). Check out Trackpedia's US listings for a complete list of locations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks guys for the reply.
Best part of the BMW is it is heavy and looks like an old man bike (as per my son). :laughing:
The race bike is a trailer queen but it would suck to loose it.
I never would have guessed that the sunshine state doesn't have any tracks around. We have 2 currently and the clubs are building another this year. We typically will travel to Nebraska for the road course in Hastings.

That has to be hard to own a bike ment for the curves and stuck going in straight lines. Anyone can grab a hand full of throttle, but the corners are what make it fun.

Thanks again.
I'll continue to lurk around here cause well I don't have anything better to do at work these days.

-Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts