Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my name is alex and i have waned to get a bike for a long time and now i am finally going to do it.. yes!! i am think about getting a gsxr 750(that is the bike that i have waned forever), the thing is i am going to buy it used and i wanted to know what i need to look for in buying a used bike.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
53 Posts
If this is your first bike you might want to read some stickies im not going to be the only one saying this.

also welcome to sbw

·
Registered
746 Posts
Read the ATTN: posts at the top of the new riders section.

A GSXR 600 is way to much bike for you to start out on, let alone a 750. Thats like learning to drive in a top fuel funny car. Not very smart. If that's the bike you have always wanted then do the right thing and learn how to ride first. Get a learner bike like a 500 first, tear it up for a year or two, then sell it and get a mid to late '90's 600, do the same, then buy your GSXR 750. Then you will know how to ride and your chances of wrecking your dream bike have gone down considerably.

Or say fuck it, and buy the 750. Then gain some weight so you have some extra skin to graft after you find out the 750 was way to much bike for you.:rolleyes:

Before getting a bike take the MSF course. They provide a bike for you to ride.

-M-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol.. i have heard that the gsxr and not for biginners, i have rode bikes before, just never a sportbike. also i wanted to know if there was anything that i need to look for when i am buying a used bike.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Even if you have ridden bikes for years, if you haven't hidden a sport bike before dont start on a GSXR, its just asking to severe problems.

Sepias

·
Registered
370 Posts
GSXRKID said:
Lol.. i have heard that the gsxr and not for biginners, i have rode bikes before, just never a sportbike. also i wanted to know if there was anything that i need to look for when i am buying a used bike.
Bikes & Sportbikes..... two very different animals...

The newer 600 - 750 GSXR's will own you and turn you into an asphalt surfer if you've never ridden one before...

Go used first. 500 Vert-twins are a good start. look for a bike that has been maintained, IE: looks clean, no rust on the chain, everything works (lights, horn, ETC), good tires, etc., etc...

If your looking for something new Check This Credit from another post...

If your dead set on a 750, look for a mid 90's one.

Don't forget the riding gear too!!!!!:2cents:

·
Registered
980 Posts
You know my friend let me ride his 636 yesterday I must say my first time on a supersport it was pretty sweet, could lay right down on it, however after later thinking about it, I am happy I did not get a super sport as my first bike. I would have most def killed myself by now, I have already had enough close calls on my current bike from riding to fast on roads I didn't know.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i have a few years riding and have had a few different bikes and even though most of my riding have been on cafe bikes it is different to go to a supersport, they ride and handle different. i dont know what kind of bikes you have rode but the cafe is the closest to a sport bike. look for a older sport bike to get use to it then get your new 750.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts