Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...my names Chris. New the this site. I have an '02 gixxer 750...quick quesiton while i think of it...when you guys install frame sliders do you torque them to the right specs or just put em on the nice n' snug??

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yosh750 said:
Hey everyone...my names Chris. New the this site. I have an '02 gixxer 750...quick quesiton while i think of it...when you guys install frame sliders do you torque them to the right specs or just put em on the nice n' snug??

Welcome to SBW!

Frame sliders should be torqued to manufacturer specs. there was a post about this just the other day. I believe I read something about the torque specs being around 23 lb ft? If you search a bit, you will find it.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Welcome
I'm from the nice and snug camp. Of course, I also had one frame slider that always came loose after a day of wheelies. So I would have to nice and snug it again.

Which really pointed out the buity of proper torque specs.. but somehow there is never a torque wrench around when you need one...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found that thread..saw where one member who has an '01 gixxer 750 said the lbs/ft was 23 i believe....would this be the same for my 2002 750?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts