Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, what color schemes are available in Canada this year for the 929?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HondaNut! said:
UH OH! I think Pete is getting ready for a road trip! :)
Nah, I was just curious. I got my new bike all picked out and reserved, due to arrive in early March.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Go can to Honda UK and check them out:

http://www.honda-motorcycle.co.uk/

The UK colors are the same as the Canadian colors. The black is identical to the 2000, while the red/white/blue and the yellow/purple are changed quite a bit. Personally, except for the black which is the same, and the Erion Racing Edition, which is REALLY sweet, I think the 2000 graphics were nicer.

Oh, when you go into the section for the FireBlade colors, the top 3 are the 2001, while the bottom 3 are the 2000. It does not show the Erion Edition. We get the exact same Erion edition as you guys get in the States. I saw one at my local dealer just the other week, and it is SWEET. Not sweet enough for me to trade my red/white/blue in on one, but if they offered that color scheme in 2000, that's what I would be riding, without a doubt.

·
Registered
205 Posts
2000 F4 colors...

the uk had a sexy black and maroon F4 last year that wasn't avaible here. i wish it was it was nice

even the black F4i (old style) colors are pretty this year

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The Erion scheme looked good to me too, until I looked at one last week at the dealer- 80% of the lower fairing is a big sticker! It looked great from 10 feet, but really cheesy up close. For 10 grand they could at least clearcoat over the $2 decals! Oh yeah- make that 11 grand for the Erion stickers.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rossco, thanks for the link. Those colors, IMO, make for a much better selection than we get here in the states. My all-time favorite is the all silver model, offered in Italy I believe.

Tristan, you'll be happy to know that I ordered my 929 with cheese, thank you. And no, I am not paying retail.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Pete said:
Rossco, thanks for the link. Those colors, IMO, make for a much better selection than we get here in the states. My all-time favorite is the all silver model, offered in Italy I believe.

Tristan, you'll be happy to know that I ordered my 929 with cheese, thank you. And no, I am not paying retail.
Stickers peeling off shouldn't be a problem in your living room!

·
Registered
468 Posts
For some reason that site shows the American 2001 929 model, Adam (and only one color scheme as well). That's why I posted the lonk to the UK site. Unless, of course, Honda has switched marketing strategies on us and is selling Canadians the American 929 graphics, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Man am I happy. I just went to the Salon de la Moto here in Montreal (motorcycle show), and I found out that this year the only color schemes available in Canada for the 929 (besides the awesomne Erion Racing version) are the American CBR929RR ones (sorry, Pete, for the misinformation - Adam had it right). There are no more FireBlades. I guess I lucked out and bought a 929 'Blade the only year they were offered in Canada. No offense to you American 929 owners, but the American CBR929RR "wing" graphics pretty much suck. The 2001 929 is vitually identical to the 2001 CBR600FS. This is going to be excellent when it comes time to sell my FireBlade. Man I want to ride!!

Oh, and I had a really good look at the new Gixxer 1000. I was not that impressed. OK, so it has another 15 rwhp over the R1 and 929. So what? There ain't many riders who can honestly say that 130 rwhp is not enough for them on the street, and those that do are full of sh*t. From what I read (can't wait to actually ride one and see for myself), the 'Blade has a miniscule edge over the Gixxer in handling (turns in quicker, and is more flickable), and still has the best brakes in the class. I'll just make sure I don't put any money on drag races against new Gixxer owners. ;)

Did I mention that the new Gixxer is butt ugly in person? It might look nicer in yellow, but the blue and white does nothing for me at all. The tank is too wide as well. it is as wide as the tank on my '95 CBR900RR.

The other problem I have with the Gixxer 1000 is the same problem I have with the American (and now the Canadian) CBR929RR. It is vitually indistinguishable from the 600 (the Gixxer even more so that the CBR). Hey, if I am going to shell out the extra cash for the liter bike, I want it to be obvious that I am on the liter bike and not the 600 (or even the 750 in the Gixxer's case). This works in the opposite wat for 600 owners, because I doubt if any of them mind that people mistake their 600s for liter bikes.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rossco929 said:
The other problem I have with the Gixxer 1000 is the same problem I have with the American (and now the Canadian) CBR929RR. It is vitually indistinguishable from the 600 (the Gixxer even more so that the CBR). Hey, if I am going to shell out the extra cash for the liter bike, I want it to be obvious that I am on the liter bike and not the 600 (or even the 750 in the Gixxer's case). This works in the opposite wat for 600 owners, because I doubt if any of them mind that people mistake their 600s for liter bikes.

Rossco,Rossco,Rossco,

Don't you understand ? Poser's like me can buy a gixxer600 and remove those 600 stickers and put on 1000 stickers :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts