Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just joined.

I've got a few years riding experience on 600RRs, and even more on dirtbikes. I just picked up a 2004 GSX-R1000. I am 19 as well.

Ive already put 1300miles on it, and all going good untill about last week when i was at a stop sign and a lady infront of me hit it in reverse and befor I could even react was backing over me. I am ok and it didnt knock me off or anything but it did a number to my front fender. And yes I was in plain sight of her as well, she just didnt bother to look.

Im taking it in to get the whole thing looked at for any damage I can't see cosmetically.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Welcome to SBW :cheers:

Sorry to hear about your Gixxer. Hopefully they get it taken care of. Did the lady stick around? Is her insurance going to cover it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea she stuck around. and its going into the shop here pretty quick. As far as I can tell its just a broken front fender, but Ive noticed a Wobble in it while on the freeway(staying away from anything higher then 45 for now). Her insurance is going to cover it, and they were not too happy when I told them I am taking it in to get the whole thing looked over. I just really dont wanna take the chance to have the front end give out on em or something while in the curves =). They tried to cut me a check for $250, telling me that the fender + labor(including taking it and looking over the whole bike) wont be more then that....right.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Definitely get the whole front end checked out. If you're feeling a wobble, the bike is not safe. Your frame should be ok, but your forks might be bent.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

What snake said on the shake. Since someone else is paying, have the pros do the work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup, got it all fixed up and what not now, the forks took a hit, got it all fixed and shes as good as new!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts