Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey James!
How was the snowmobile season this year?

Did you guys get enough snow to make it worthwhile?

How far up did you have to go for good snow?

In the last several years, it just seemed like we did not get all that much snow up north for snowmobiling.

Hope it was great!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hey James!
How was the snowmobile season this year?

Did you guys get enough snow to make it worthwhile?

How far up did you have to go for good snow?

In the last several years, it just seemed like we did not get all that much snow up north for snowmobiling.

Hope it was great!
this year there was snow EVERYWHERE! as of 3 days ago the UP had between 3-4' on the ground, it was great. last year i was fighting some electrical issues, but discounting that we usually end up with over 2000 miles, this year will be slightly under that, but there's a long story that involves half-crashing a sled and waiting a few weeks before buying the new one... lol if you're thinking about getting into it, by all means give me a buzz and i'm more then happy to chat

:cheers: see ya'll when the snow melts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HA!
It is great to hear that Da Yoop and the northern lower half of MI got lots of snow!
It is really poor when we do not do well on the snow front during one of our winters!

I went to the snowmobile show.
$12,000 for a top of the line Artic kitty. Hmmm. Seems kind of steep!
But probably worth it if it is used alot!

No pics?

Dwight! That is terrible news!
What happened?
I will bet you had tons of time to go, when we had no snow!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
HA!
It is great to hear that Da Yoop and the northern lower half of MI got lots of snow!
It is really poor when we do not do well on the snow front during one of our winters!

I went to the snowmobile show.
$12,000 for a top of the line Artic kitty. Hmmm. Seems kind of steep!
But probably worth it if it is used alot!

No pics?

Dwight! That is terrible news!
What happened?
I will bet you had tons of time to go, when we had no snow!!
just like bikes, 12k for new but can find new leftovers for 2/3's that or used for half price...

it took me a few to figure out how to upload pics, but i think i have it now...

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Cool pix!!!
thanks bro
Very cool!
How did you get your snowmobile to hover in the air like that?

Why no pic of how you landed it? Hope it went well!
i def landed WAY passed the downside, but it was worth the harsh landing for the pic
Very cool!
How did you get your snowmobile to hover in the air like that?

PHOTOSHOP! :twofinger
:twofinger: here's one from the summer in the exact same spot on the KTM

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
WOW, I see someone stepped up to the plate for the new f-series!
Nice machine James. Im jealous cause im still beating on that zr2 chassis
thanks bro! we were supposed to head to the UP this weekend, but didn't at last minute so we were on the ice - that too-slow too-heavy F-chassis sure hurt a lot of peoples pride this weekend

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yo James!
Can you elaborate somewhat on that comment about the chassis being to heavy? What was the problem?

(And I am still mad about the price of diesel being $3.999 and up!!!! :cussing;:finger::finger: )

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yo James!
Can you elaborate somewhat on that comment about the chassis being to heavy? What was the problem?

(And I am still mad about the price of diesel being $3.999 and up!!!! :cussing;:finger::finger: )
just some people have said the new Acat twin spar chassis is too heavy and the daimond drive doesn't work well enough to be fast, but all ya need is a little setup and clutching time

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that the top of the line 1000 kittycat?
The one that was $12K at the show?

I think there will be a fire sale on snow toys next year if the price of go go juice continues to get stupidly high.

What new truck did you get?
Another Ram? Or is this the one you got last year?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Is that the top of the line 1000 kittycat?
The one that was $12K at the show?

I think there will be a fire sale on snow toys next year if the price of go go juice continues to get stupidly high.

What new truck did you get?
Another Ram? Or is this the one you got last year?
that would be the one! lol F1000 snopro, then i threw some aftermarket skis, a deeper lug track (exhaust & clutching too) and i love it.
i doubt it, those depend more on snowfall then gas prices. i'd never pay anywhere near sticker though - its like bikes...

got a silver escalade ext last friday!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts