Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually never ridden an Aprilia, but I've always liked them, especially the race bikes. I'd sure like to try one some day. A friend of mine back east just bought the RSV Mille, and all he ever does is rave about it.

Anyway, the poor Aprilia forum was lookin' all lonely, with that big ol' ZERO next to the header, so I thought I may as well get something started! :D :D :D

------------------

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey AZ as advertised I'm checking out this site now. By the way did I mention I'm selling the Aprilia? The wife wants an EX-500 so I need to get something a little less expensive....unless I decide to get that R7 after all. Is the one still for sale down there that we discussed earlier?

------------------
Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree with Robert. I think Aprilias are way rad. Every review I've read of the RSV (or heard straight from a rider), just raves about the bike. They claim that the handling is superior to EVERYTHING out there (A mighty claim indeed), including the 996.

------------------
- Dan
'99 Ducati 900SS, '00 Monster 750

[This message has been edited by Mattrazzo (edited April 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a RSV MILLE R . Haven't taken it for a ride yet. Will let you know. Moscar

98'VFR, 97 Bimota SB6R 7 , now 2000 RSV Mille R

------------------

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does anybody know of a dealer in Michigan where I can check Aprilias out? All I've seen are articles and pictures, and it's about time get up close and personal with one of these.

------------------
Eric
1993 Suzuki GSX750F
1987 Corvette Conv.
1967 Firebird
1999 Ram Quad cab 4x4

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an '2000' Aprila RS250 'Harada'. It is still being run in and has only 300 miles on the clock at the momement. I have upset quite a few bigger bikes with this little baby, even though the engine isn't run in yet :)

------------------
0-60 in 3.4 secs Officer:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will Aprilia ever bring a street legal version of the 250 to the States?

I would love to own one!

Is there a market for it? It seems Kawasaki is the only sport 250 available?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Probably not
Me too
Not at the price they would likely ask

The Ninja 250 and the Aprilia 250 have about as much in common as a sewing machine and a chainsaw!
My ideal garage would include an RS250, a VOR 503 (Supermotard), and an R1 (for touring, of course)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by giovanni:
Will Aprilia ever bring a street legal version of the 250 to the States?

I would love to own one!

Is there a market for it? It seems Kawasaki is the only sport 250 available? [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a RSV Mille R yesterday, It is way cool, I'd say the handling is very good, but I don't have anything really to compare it to.

------------------
2000 Aprilia RSV Mille R SN#45
http://home.adelphia.net/~mcrow/motorcycles.htm

[This message has been edited by RSV1000R (edited May 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fast Glass,
There is an Aprilia dealer in Lansing..I think the name of the place is Full Throttle. They deal in Aprilia.

------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive had my mille rsv for 2 months now ,fantastic bike, excellent for track work
as well, its great having those ducatis in my mirrors now- the race pipe and chip is a must

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts