Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Ive been into photography for a while now, and I finaly made the decision to get really into it.

I bought myself a Nikon D80 with an 18-55mm AF-S lens.

Id like to share:
Link to gallery

Any constructive critisism is appreciated :)

Oh, and (this is mainly targeted toward JBaz lol, but chip in if you want) Im thinking of buying an SB-600 external flash next, I want to do same off-camera lighting and other things like that. Good idea? or are there better things to spend the money on before that?

Thanks!

:cheers:

Edit: spelling...oops

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
They look good. Been dabbling in photos myself. Bought myself a DLSR a few months back since I really wasn't getting what I wanted out of a point-and-shoot

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I kinda like the watch one with full color. The car pic actually felt like it was missing the markings of a doughnut in the frame. Not that I encourage that kinda thing ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh dont worry about that, the friend of mine that owns the car had plenty of fun when the snow hit;)

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Those pics are sweet. Just curious... have you tried anything with editing them? I have a ton of pics of horizons and sunsets, and I've found that they can look VERY sweet with just a touch of darkening, or changing the heu.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. I took a picture of a horizon from the interstate one day. I then went to color ballance... Faded all the way to Cyan and Magenta, then turned the blue all the way up on the midtones and the shadows, and turned the lightness back -100... resulting in the picture below it.

Took me 3 seconds. If you take your time to adjust everything, you can come out with some insanely cool effects. Especially with darkening pictures you take in the fog. It is simply, and the change is minor... but sometimes it also helps to clean up the look. Example:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey, thanks ZX6, I usually just tweak the usual suspects, but yeah if i have a picture that just dosnt, "pop" shall we say, ill screw with the adjustments a bit. pretty cool stuff.

:cheers:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only when im serious do i shoot in RAW, otherwise ill just do JPEG Fine. What i use Picasa2 for is proccesing the masses, out of 200 shots ill chose maby five of the best, sharpest images.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I do it the hard way. I use a card reader. lol.

One of my newfound favorite things to do is set the shutter to stay open for 1/8 second, and take pictures while moving at night. It blurs the images pretty bad. If you take nighttime shots of horizons during snowstorms, the city lights light up the sky... gives REALLY odd effects. Im fascinated by that.

of course, Horizons and sunsets have been a big thing for me anyway. I've been into those particular shots for about the past two years.

I also shoot a lot of pics of cars and bikes. It kind of mixes my hobbies together doing that. Of course, Videography is a large part of my life right now, too... and growing.

I'd love to see some more of your work. Do you have more than just those 19 images?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts