Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I'm from Toronto area in Canada. I finally was able to afford a starter bike with insurnace and proper equipment and got a 1982 Honda V45 Sabre last weekend. Only has 30000 km but in the last few days have been putting on close to 900 km on top of that. Its been some of the best days of my life!

I know that I don't have a sportbike yet but I plan to get a R6 as soon as a model comes out with the under seat exhaust like the R1. Hopefully 2005!!

I have one question before I go through all the information on this site. When I am revving the engine and going from 4-10 thousand RPM the engine seems to go through spurts of power and then back to losses of power. When I bought the bike the guy told me i had to get the carbs cleaned. Is this the reason? whats your opinion. thanks

ziggy

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome...bring the bike in to your nearest Honda service center. You'll want them give it a thorough going over...have them check EVERYTHING! An '82 is pretty old, you don't know how well its been cared for (or do you?) Don't be in too much of a rush to upgrade, learn how to ride well first....Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts