Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many stories on the internet lately about bad business transactions committed by motorcycle-related companies it would be nice to hear about the positive experiences and good transactions you've all experienced. Post 'em if you got 'em. :thumbs2:


Not long ago, I bought some gear from Vetesnik (sp?) Powersports in Wisconsin. I had the pleasure of working with a man named "Will" who was not only very knowledgeable, but also extremely honest and pleasant to work with. Not only did I get all the gear I wanted, right colors and sizes, but I got everything for a great price and they were in constant contact with me and tracked the package every day for me. Shipping only took about 3 days, but they never failed to inform me every step of the way and actually called me (as the UPS man was standing at my door) to tell me that the package should be delivered at "any moment." Awesome service, great salesman...a true gentleman and a great shop. I'd STRONGLY suggest that anybody needing gear or a new bike call Will at 800-752-2556.

I wish I could say that the bike dealers I've visited in the New York/Tri-State area are as friendly and helpful, but... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
I burnt up a motherboard from egghead.com, and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. Thats all i got
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Hey I bought a motherboard from egghead last summer! They gave me a call and prompt delivery :thumb: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
No, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

OHH! Thank you, thank you....I'm here all week folks. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Sorry: it's 2 am and even my dog is getting aggravated with my boredom. Funny thing is that I'm supposed to be cool when he gets bored and starts to whine for no reason or just sits next to me in my office and stares at me until I acknowledge his annoying presence (kind of like a silent version of Jim Carrey's "What the most annoying sound in the world?" in Dumb and Dumber).....hmmm. He's looking at me right now as if to say 'come screw with me now and I whine to go out at 6 am'.

Yeah, I've had a lot of good motorcycle shopping experiences. I do a lot of stuff with Parts411 and Motorcycle Accessories Warehouse. Occasionally with Dennis Kirk, but Parts411 has been great. They get my stuff to me within a week and their customer service has always been great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
well i needed a new rear tyre for saturday at 11 and it was friday at 4 pm so i called a local m/c shop and told them i needed a new rear tyre and needed it installed before noon on sat...they said bring it to us just the tire and rim and well put it on before 11....
they charged me 125 for the D208 and 12.50 to mount and balance and dispose of the old one. i think i made a good deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
AudioSolstice said:
well i needed a new rear tyre for saturday at 11 and it was friday at 4 pm so i called a local m/c shop and told them i needed a new rear tyre and needed it installed before noon on sat...they said bring it to us just the tire and rim and well put it on before 11....
they charged me 125 for the D208 and 12.50 to mount and balance and dispose of the old one. i think i made a good deal
For your time frame price really wasn't an option, though. You probably would have paid full price because of necessity.

I don't know what size you needed, but $125 didn't sound bad until I checked Parts411's prices on D208's: a tire that retails for $156 was on sale with them for $84!! Damn they have good prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
wheelie123 said:
For your time frame price really wasn't an option, though. You probably would have paid full price because of necessity.

I don't know what size you needed, but $125 didn't sound bad until I checked Parts411's prices on D208's: a tire that retails for $156 was on sale with them for $84!! Damn they have good prices.
it was a 170/60 r17 d208....
damn that is cheap i think i know where im getting my new front from
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
AudioSolstice said:
it was a 170/60 r17 d208....
damn that is cheap i think i know where im getting my new front from
Their price for that tire is $102.90, but after tax and shipping, $125 isn't so bad. Whoever you have in your town is cutting some pretty good deals, as most bike shops charge close to retail. You'll probably still save $10 and if you drink beer, you know what those 10 bucks will buy! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
If your looking for new tires look around on the internet and you can find them dirt cheap. Then call Dennis Kirk and they will match the price and beat it by a dollar. I scored some Diablos dirt cheap that way. Some of the tire places I found seemed a bit fishy so it made me feel a bit better by buying them from Dennis Kirk.:2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
phatkidwit1eye said:
If your looking for new tires look around on the internet and you can find them dirt cheap. Then call Dennis Kirk and they will match the price and beat it by a dollar. I scored some Diablos dirt cheap that way. Some of the tire places I found seemed a bit fishy so it made me feel a bit better by buying them from Dennis Kirk.:2cents:
Yet another reason why I love this forum. Thanks phatkid.....I needed that info. :thumb:
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
Don't know if this is the norm elsewhere, but not around here. Had a break on the clutch lever, so needed a new one. They're not too bad, about $25 retail for OEM. So, I decided since I was attending class in Indianapolis I'd give a ring to a dealer en route in Noblesville. The parts guy at the Honda dealership started by asking if I wanted the OEM or if I'd like to hear about the aftermarket parts that were just as good but less expensive, in his opinion :eek:

Not a single dealer in the three towns I'd tried to date would even DISCUSS aftermarket parts, and here this guy was essentially screaming about them. Suffice it to say, I have a new local parts carrier: Honda of Noblesville :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
slaintedan said:
Thanks for sharing you experiences with egghead.com, guys! By the way, in case you missed it, this is a motorcycle website...maybe you had a motorcycle-related shopping experience you'd like to share. :dunno: :rolleyes: :twofinger
I've never bought anything motorcycle related off the net. Only through my local dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
phatkidwit1eye said:
If your looking for new tires look around on the internet and you can find them dirt cheap. Then call Dennis Kirk and they will match the price and beat it by a dollar. I scored some Diablos dirt cheap that way. Some of the tire places I found seemed a bit fishy so it made me feel a bit better by buying them from Dennis Kirk.:2cents:
most things i've bought through them, i've never had problems with. I've always had positive experiences with Dennis Kirk.

they've even called me after the sale to check on my satisfaction with what i bought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,230 Posts
Newenough.com for leathers and Helmet Harbor for helmets. Got what I ordered, good price, timely delivery, totally satisfied.:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
monkey said:
most things i've bought through them, i've never had problems with. I've always had positive experiences with Dennis Kirk.

they've even called me after the sale to check on my satisfaction with what i bought.
similar experience here....that blew me away that they followed up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
Plus they send you a BIG ASS catalog which makes for good reading material while dropping a duece:thumb:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top