Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going everyone. New to the boards so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Ian from Columbus, MS, right now I'm riding a 04 GS500 that doesn't belong to me. My buddy dropped it and won't get back on it. Since I had to sell my Ninja when I moved back here from FL he just gave me the keys until he figures out what to do with it. I work at a Kawi dealership and hopefully this spring I'll be picking up a new ZX6RR that will be a street/track bike. I'll be racing in Birmingham, AL so if anyone else will be there this spring and summer drop me a message and we'll get together. Talk to you all on the boards, be safe and keep the rubber side down.
-Ian

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Welcome Ian....

Hope you find some locals to ride with... otherwise you're welcome to ride your keyboard with us out of towners here at SBW ;)

E.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dream. I'm enjoying the board so far. It seems to have a bit of everything for everyone and everyone is pretty friendly. A lot like a bike group is supposed to be I guess. :)
-Ian

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
where in FL did you move from?

I grew up in the panhandle area... :D

E.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
DreamRyder said:
where in FL did you move from?

I grew up in the panhandle area... :D

E.
Where in the panhandle? I've lived in Tallahassee twice....anywhere close to there?

Also, welcome Ian. Glad to have you here, and this site has been the best site by far for answering any and all questions, both motorcycle and non-motorcycle. Everyone here's pretty funny, and you'll get some good laughs out of this group. If you're ever having a crappy day, log on here for a laugh and to see that your day isn't as bad as some of ours! :D

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
wheelie123 said:
Where in the panhandle? I've lived in Tallahassee twice....anywhere close to there?

Also, welcome Ian. Glad to have you here, and this site has been the best site by far for answering any and all questions, both motorcycle and non-motorcycle. Everyone here's pretty funny, and you'll get some good laughs out of this group. If you're ever having a crappy day, log on here for a laugh and to see that your day isn't as bad as some of ours! :D
Baker FL.. 45 minutes north of FortWalton Beach :D a trip I made a many of times during the summer :p

as wheelie said.. you get alot of variety around here - it's our break kinda from stress related reality at work :laughing:

now according to tradition.. you bein a new member and all.. you have to post a pic of yourself :D

E.
hehee I held out long enough ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was living in Arcadia, it's about an hour and a half south of Tampa. What a crap hole of a town. I never thought I would be glad to move back Mississippi.
-Ian

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
slowmopar said:
I was living in Arcadia, it's about an hour and a half south of Tampa. What a crap hole of a town. I never thought I would be glad to move back Mississippi.
-Ian
Only time I was down yonder ways was to hit Busch Gardens and Universal Studio's ...

What were you there for ?

wheelie123 said:
:p Way to go, E!

Fort Walton's supposed to be pretty cool, from what I hear. You miss FL?
you betcha it was... Destin - right next to FW... had some awesome semi private beaches you could get away with alot on ;) ofcourse that was back in 1989 and before LOL... I think they've gotten more strict now.. infact I think my swinsuit would be considered illegal to wear there now :rolleyes:

I do miss it but my family is all there so I go revisit often.. but I enjoy the snow time fun on the sleds up here in MI and dont' think I could do with out a real winter ... in that part of FL we still got freezin temps but hardly the snow to go with it to make it worth while...

E.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made the mistake of moving down there with someone and it didn't work out real well.

I'm on the work comp now but I'll try and get a picture or 2 to throw in the gallery.
-Ian

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
slowmopar said:
I made the mistake of moving down there with someone and it didn't work out real well.

I'm on the work comp now but I'll try and get a picture or 2 to throw in the gallery.
-Ian
oh sorry to hear that :(

cool deal... :thumb:

E.
OMG someone actually fell for the pic postin scam :D j/k

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
slowmopar said:
:confused: should I be nervous??
-Ian
no I was just kidding... they tease me cuase I usually always hit up the fellas for pictures to see what they look like... (as in my version of leghumpin )

honestly it's just better to put a face to the screen name is all...now some have been known to photochop images but only to those who are up for the fun of being picked on and we have gotten to know well enough to know to do it to.... :thumb:

E.
damn I knew I shouldn't have counted my chicks before they hatched... :p heehee..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know I was just kidding. Hey if a beautiful female rider wants a picture far be it from me to say no.
-Ian

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
slowmopar said:
I know I was just kidding. Hey if a beautiful female rider wants a picture far be it from me to say no.
-Ian
:eek: Oh... I like you already ;)

so I gotta ask ... why did you chose "slow"mopar for your screenname? aren't mopar cars usually fast :confused:

E.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aren't mopar cars usually fast :confused:

E. [/B]
lol And I like you already! Yes they are. It was a joke that stuck. I own a 67 Dodge Polara 500 with a 383 HP big block. It's a land yacht that looks slow but with 450+hp it's fairly quick. I kinda like people thinking I'm slow. It makes it more enjoyable at the finish line.
-Ian

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
slowmopar said:
lol And I like you already! Yes they are. It was a joke that stuck. I own a 67 Dodge Polara 500 with a 383 HP big block. It's a land yacht that looks slow but with 450+hp it's fairly quick. I kinda like people thinking I'm slow. It makes it more enjoyable at the finish line.
-Ian
Uh ohh:( .....Im trying to figure out whether I should say goodbye and good luck to you now or wait and see if Eunice lets you live through the week. Either way bro, be careful.....she's a trip;) :thumb: .

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
I had to look this one up.. never heard of it... man I can see why.. a boat is an understatement that thing is a titantic :eek: I prefer the more compact bodies myself like the cuda, camaro, firebird, roadrunner all ranges of 66-69 and even some in 71 :thumb: If I had to choose a dodge.. it'd probably the challenger or daytona..

I can see the nickname now... good one.. BTW.. if you don't mind sharin.. what's your ETA's on that thing?

pic of the polara beast attached for anyone esle interested in it's size :p

E.
sisqo? dont' understand why you said I might not let him live through the week? he didnt' say anything wrong ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts