Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I installed a Yosh Zyclone RS3 Slip-on on my 2000 GSX-R600 and it was fine. Yesterday I also added a K&N replacement filter. After installing the filter, when I accelerate hard, I feel a hesitation between 4K and 6K. Is this normal for this setup, or do I need to adjust my cards or something? I was told that I did not have to rejett. Please Help!

·
Registered
503 Posts
im thinking a u need to rejet. at high elevations its not as necassary. u could always go get it dyno tuned though & that will tell u for sure.

------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I took my bike in for my first maintainance to the dealer, and I asked them about the problem. They said they can fix this. So what they did was drilled my main jets to the next largr size, shimmed needles, and adjusted the pilot jets to 3 turn out. I still felt a little hesitation. Today I took the bike to another shop and had it on a dyno. No HP gains and they told me that the bike was still running lean. So, my question is, can I still adjust or modify my stock jets more to get it right? Or do I have to buy a jet kit and have it rejeted? I do not want to spend anymore money!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Reinstall a stock filter until you want to spend the money to dial in the filter/slip-on combo. Apparently the combination of the two is too much. It's becoming more difficult each year to improve on the bikes' power without investing in some time on the dyno. If your hesitation is the result of a lean condition, then there could be engine damage over time if you allow it to continue. Good luck.........

------------------

·
Registered
6 Posts
That really sucks to be in that spot. I am waiting on my '00 GSXR600 a few more months then doing a full system. The slip ons most of the time do nothing. In your case you spent alot of money right now and as the dyno showed you gained ZERO hp. Personally I would try to cut your loses and return the slipon for a full system and jet kit that covers the exhaust + K&N filter mod. I do not know how likely this is going to be since the slip on is installed but if you have the dyno printout to prove the slip on gained you nothing and you need to rejet because of it then maybe that will get you a refund or full credit to the full system. However even no other changes but a K&N requires rejetting. Bad spot to be in sorry for you but good luck in this.

------------------

·
Registered
61 Posts
All sportbikes are not created equally. Did you get your bike DYNOED before putting the pipe on? It most likley was not pushing stock horsepower. Yeah it hurts after reading the specs, but these bikes are mass produced and have tolorances.
Running leaner will give you more punch, but will burn it up quicker.

------------------

·
Registered
169 Posts
i agree with "leon" the K&N caused you to go leaner,..go back to stock filter or check neddle hights, you say this happen's at 4k to 6k which is typical of neddles, main's over 7k ( your mains HAVE to be correct first ) check this site out, http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html
good luck :)

------------------
texas tornado #2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts