Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are cruising along a 2-lane road. Ahead in the distance you see a truck passing another truck. Neither of you have time to stop, What do you do ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno Pete ? Are You ? :D ... Would you really split two semi's ? Lets pretend There's not enough room... No To make things interesting , Its REALLY windy! :D:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Squidwannabe said:
You are cruising along a 2-lane road. Ahead in the distance you see a truck passing another truck. Neither of you have time to stop, What do you do ?
Take to the shoulder and drive like I'm on my dirt bike. Anything beats hitting a tractor-trailer rig head on.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Flip off the truck as you become a new hood ornament :D

My first thought was to run between the 2 trucks but usually on a 2 lane road there would not be enough room. So the next best thing would be to run off the road cause like photobug said anything is better then hitting a truck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
photobug said:
Squidwannabe said:
Take to the shoulder and drive like I'm on my dirt bike. Anything beats hitting a tractor-trailer rig head on.

This is what I was taught in a car ? Im going on the same principal for a bike ??

So you are right PhotoBug....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'd rather take the off-road route and take my chances there. Nothing off the road is going to be moving as fast as that semi headed at ya!!:)
Jim

·
Squid
813 Posts
I'd do one of those MI2 moves ;) ... Rolling stopie with the glock in one hand capin off some rounds at the a$$hole in the truck as I'm flickin the stopie in the other direction to haul a$$ :D At least that's what they tought me to do in this type of situation at the MSF course.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
jk6672 said:
I'd do one of those MI2 moves ;) ... Rolling stopie with the glock in one hand capin off some rounds at the a$$hole in the truck as I'm flickin the stopie in the other direction to haul a$$ :D At least that's what they tought me to do in this type of situation at the MSF course.
Jeesh superman! Why not just snap the rear around and lowside under the frontbumper, let the truck pass over you (all 4 axles) then roll it back up on to wheels when the rig is clear? Wouldn't that be easier and less risky?

If I couldn't do either of the 2 options, I would settle for slamming on the brakes and veering on to the shoulder. Hopefully keeping it on 2 wheels so I could get the tag and sue for emotional distress and damages. Plus replacement for my undies and shorts which would undoubtably be stained!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts