Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Looks like it should work. Is that a replaceable wear bar bolted on?

Afterthought, you may be aware but many aren't. Welding on zinc plated material gives off unhealthy fumes. Try to get unplated steel or at least have good ventilation and don't position yourself where the fumes come up in your hood.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for some odd reason the left side seems to be a little longer than the right side, when i pick the bike up to rest on it it wants to fall to the right, but on all measurements i take it is dead on, think the extra weight of the pipe pulls it that way?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no nothing is bent, and it it straight, cant figure it out though, i even double checked to make sure the ground was level

·
Registered
147 Posts
cstmgsxr said:
no nothing is bent, and it it straight, cant figure it out though, i even double checked to make sure the ground was level

Heres the thing... you say it measures even. now get someone to balance your bike, and measure it while you still have pressure on it. The chance exists that you may have some give on one side, especially if it always leans to the same side.
I never built a bar like that, but that would be my guess.
that or your house on on a sinkhole

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Are you keeping the front wheel straight? Turned to a side would weight that way.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mfield2a said:

Soooo when you going to put out a full pic of the bike painted up?
when i finish painting it, i am doing a little body work now....you'll see it, im also changing the color scheme..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts