Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I hope someone out there can help me! My new ZX-10R will be here this week and I'm trying to get my insurance in order. I'm going with Primmum Insurance, but they have a caveat that I'm having a hard time filling. I need an alarm, but not just any alarm. The alarm must meet the following 4 requirements.
1- Audible Alarm
2- Battery Backup
3- Motion Sensor
4- Engine Cutoff

Anyway, I've found many alarms out there that have up to 3 of the above, but none of them have all 4. Can anyone recommend a model to me? Thanks for your help...I can't ride until I get the alarm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't believe there is any REQUIREMENT to have an alarm. Usually there is a DISCOUNT off theft (comprehensive) to have an alarm. If your agent said that there is a requirement then I think she's misleading you and herself.

Have you asked another company for an additional quote?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, with the Insurance company I want to go with there IS a requirement. They are very reputable and at least $500 cheaper than anywhere else so that's why I'd like to find this alarm (Besides having a good alarm)

I don't believe there is any REQUIREMENT to have an alarm. Usually there is a DISCOUNT off theft (comprehensive) to have an alarm. If your agent said that there is a requirement then I think she's misleading you and herself.

Have you asked another company for an additional quote?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts