Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st of all who's Paul??
Anyways I stripped off my body work today to polish my frame and i did like this web site said and sprayed easy off on the frame to get the anodizing off.........it aint happening. The site said you cant start polishing till the frame is black. Only way I could get to the black part was to skim it with a razor. Anyway to bypass the easy off part, it was only supposed to take 2 coats(im on the 4th)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
I've never tried to unanodize anything but painted or powdercoated pieces, I've used a red scotch brite and some aircraft stripper to remove it. Aircraft stripper is a more potient version of easy off. Hope this may help?

Ride Safe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Anodizing actually etches the metal surface. You will need to strip off the out layer of metal about 0.0001 thick. You can do this chemically with some type of agressive acid, oven cleaner may well work. What you most likely have removed thus far is clear coat paint.

Rick
NCVFR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
shannon muse said:
1st of all who's Paul??
Anyways I stripped off my body work today to polish my frame and i did like this web site said and sprayed easy off on the frame to get the anodizing off.........it aint happening. The site said you cant start polishing till the frame is black. Only way I could get to the black part was to skim it with a razor. Anyway to bypass the easy off part, it was only supposed to take 2 coats(im on the 4th)

This reply has nothing to do with your question but....where is Southhaven, MS? I'm in Jackson, MS. I've been here 2 years but I still don't know Mississippi that well. You ride with the SSA any? I think I know you, tell me if I'm wrong. Are you the guy with the ZX-9 that rides with Shane who trashed the TL1000R? Just wondering. later- Brad

One more thing, I know who Paul is. I rode with him a few times in Georgia and North Carolina.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: help

HUS said:



This reply has nothing to do with your question but....where is Southhaven, MS? I'm in Jackson, MS. I've been here 2 years but I still don't know Mississippi that well. You ride with the SSA any? I think I know you, tell me if I'm wrong. Are you the guy with the ZX-9 that rides with Shane who trashed the TL1000R? Just wondering. later- Brad

One more thing, I know who Paul is. I rode with him a few times in Georgia and North Carolina.
Southaven is about 170 north of you on 55. 5min from memphis.
Never heard of SSA, and I just got my 9 in jun. I just moved back here from crestview fl. I'll be done by this weekend if you want to ride, I can't believe this weather.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CH3NO2 said:
I've never tried to unanodize anything but painted or powdercoated pieces, I've used a red scotch brite and some aircraft stripper to remove it. Aircraft stripper is a more potient version of easy off. Hope this may help?

Ride Safe!
That aircraft stripper shit is evil.It took it off in less than a minute. I'll be done by the weekend. Wish I would have listened about the gloves my hands are on FIRE:crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can see why people charge 1500-2000 for this. I've spent about 16 hrs so far. Got a couple more left. This is my first time though.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top