Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an aftermarket exhaust for my 2007 ninja 650r and I'm considering the jardine or muzzy.

Also I just installed the V2 Sport bar kit and I noticed that I have very little throttle play when before I had a butt load of play (Stock). I tested it out and it all works fine.

I was just wondering.

thanks

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
For the can, is your concern fitment or something else? Just putting on a can will have no performance benefits but the sound will chaange, so check out some sound clips of each and make your call based on that (assuming you can't find a bike locally that has either one).

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
You need to have some throttle play (very minimal, just enough that you dont have tension on the cables. If you do, you are loading up the busings in the throttle bodies). If you cant get any play at all, follow your throttle lines, one of them should have an adjuster on it, probably about a foot away from the throttle grip. You may have to lift the tank to get to it.
As long as you got some throttle play, you are ok.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Most manufacturers recommend 1/8" of play in your throttle; no more, no less.
So get out your calipers and dial indicators. Brush up on your trig, you'll have to convert angular to linear distances.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts