Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya lads and laddies .....

The time has come to start seriously thinking about what to do with the dukie ..... and leaving it in KL and competing in the the Super Series seemed like such a great idea until I remember I am a useless caaant and can't ride for shite ....

So, if I was foolish enough to take it to Thailand and risk having it stolen and turned into a tuk tuk .... I would go about it.... how?

Looking into all this it would appear shipping/ packing/ posting is not a great idea, something about import taxes that add up to about S$25,000!!! ... ahh ... ouch ....

So then, how about riding it there, and 'forgeting' to take it back ....

So then, is it as simple as crossing the Sing/ Mal border i.e rock up, show the immigration forms, and ride on ... or does it all get a bit more complicated ......

And secondly ... anyone out there daft enough to want to join me, sometime around April ??

Big kesses and hugs to your all xx

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
No1

Step 1. Learn to ride.
Step 2. Paint it matt black like every other piece o shite in Phucket.
Step 3 . Pink fluor G string fer yer Mrs on the back should ease customs issues:twofinger

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah .. thanks there BP ..

I should have known better than to post such a question in here ... the only one's left are caaants like us :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thailand

This thread has convinced me that you have absolutely no idea about anything any more Ledge.

If I were you, I'd do myself a favour and read your post again. Then you would see how much of a twat you sound. :twofinger

For you to be riding around on a Ducati 999R in Thailand is about as overkill as it gets. It's right up there with using a nuclear warhead to kill an ant.

But I have to give you the respect you deserve - You have already won the "Daft idea of the year" award

:D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've got it!!!

Can't believe it took you that long to work poor Legend out Chum - haha

Strap a bunch or two of live chickens to the rear seat and they'll wave you straight through :D

and if the crash doesn't kill you, the bird flu will :crying: :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Thailand

Chumley said:
This thread has convinced me that you have absolutely no idea about anything any more Ledge.

If I were you, I'd do myself a favour and read your post again. Then you would see how much of a twat you sound. :twofinger

:D
Geeezzzz uppp ..... and you used to be the nice one !!!

Need I remind you dear Chumstar, it was you and your damn duke that got me hooked on these here bikes in the beginning ....

Now if I just had an R1 or dare I say it GSXR I would trade it in as quick as you can say "get out of my bed you ugly fat mole I only chagged you cause I was pissed and Andy did not want you cause he is getting old ...."

·
Registered
726 Posts
Huh?

Geeezzzz uppp ..... and you used to be the nice one !!!
Used to be??? Whadda ya mean used to be?? Didn't I offer to take her off your hands not so long ago for $25k???

That was a nice gesture by me at the time I reckon....:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: I've got it!!!

Gixxer_Dave said:
Can't believe it took you that long to work poor Legend out Chum - haha

Strap a bunch or two of live chickens to the rear seat and they'll wave you straight through :D

and if the crash doesn't kill you, the bird flu will :crying: :crying:
GD I think i've got bird flu!!

I've started talkin bollocks and i can;t parallel park anymore.:twofinger

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
How are you map reading skills????

Haha narh Bp..... that's shelia flu.

Next you'll be drinking those lolly water chick drinks like Legend :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I hope he's stopped suppin that crap.

I wonder what it's like to be woken by the suns heat, to feel the fresh breeze, to hear the crashing of the waves.
Yes Legend...giving it all up to be a beach bum and live out of a plastic bag was a top move:cool:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry there GD and BP ..... I'm still a huge fan with the Bicari Brezza'a ... so much so that the bar staff just bring em over when we're watching the ladyboys show ... even got the Mrs loving the stuff .... necture of the gods!!

Still, I have expanded my tastes and am now also a fan of Cider and Irish Coffees ....

P.S ... yip, cheers for the support there BP ... I gotta tell ya, we sat on the edge of this cliff the other day with a million dollar view over Kamala Bay .. which has gotta rate up there with any breach anywhere else in the world, in a resturant overhanging it all about 50m up, had banana shakes, fresh red snapper with lime and garlic, thai rice, green curry veg .. bla bla ... and an hour later we walked out paying less then S$18 .... ahh ...

Enjoy that rat race lads ... and BP ... your welcome anytime your town Big Fella :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've just found this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend said:
.....So, if I was foolish enough to take it to Thailand and risk having it stolen and turned into a tuk tuk .... I would go about it.... how?

Looking into all this it would appear shipping/ packing/ posting is not a great idea, something about import taxes that add up to about S$25,000!!! ... ahh ... ouch ....

So then, how about riding it there, and 'forgeting' to take it back ....

So then, is it as simple as crossing the Sing/ Mal border i.e rock up, show the immigration forms, and ride on ... or does it all get a bit more complicated ......

And secondly ... anyone out there daft enough to want to join me, sometime around April ??

Big kesses and hugs to your all xx
Forgive the late reply

Now why does this remind me of when you were the Secretary of SBR?

I can write pages here about how much potential trouble you are about to get into if there is any seriousness about what your contemplating both in SG and Thailand, starting around 30 days after you fail to bring it back out through the same port of call!

Just don't do it! Sell the bike and cut your losses. It's a farking ugly bike and its not the iconic wonder the 916 was, even though its overpriced as if it were!

I think a good deal of us have done a Thai trip on our bikes so we can tell you the procedure at the border for 'temporarily' bringing a bike in.

As I begin to write this though, I see the impending futility of it all. I can already picture the inane grin on your face and the glazed look in your eyes as your mind instictively switches to full reality avoidance and anything that doesnt quite agree with what you've already decided simply deflects hypersonically off the top of your protective bubble into uncharted area's of your own private universe never to be seen or heard of again.

Oh last thing, if you intend to further your career in smuggling it's normally best to keep things to yourself rather than publishing your intentions on the web. It helps with deniability a key factor in avoiding heavy fines and jail terms.

Anyone who's watched 'Scooby-Do' Episodes I & II knows this but if your having problems understanding the concept keep playing back the boring bit at the end where the dumpy girl with glasses explains who did it, its just before where you here the handcuffed guy in the unconvincing gorilla suit says... 'Damn medling kids'

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wow

Have you purchased an education since I last saw ya Boycie??

·
Registered
406 Posts
No mate

Just a moment of clarity. Been off the sauce for a week!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Never doubted it for a moment

Ok cool.. was worried about you for a second (Well, actually half a second.. No wait... :twofinger)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: I've just found this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boycie said:
.....I can already picture the inane grin on your face and the glazed look in your eyes as your mind instictively switches to full reality avoidance and anything that doesnt quite agree with what you've already decided simply deflects hypersonically off the top of your protective bubble into uncharted area's of your own private universe never to be seen or heard of again.
My favourite quote for the year to date...... by a long way.. hahaha :D :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I thought the clowns were set to hit Sepang this next weekend :twofinger

1 - 18 of 18 Posts