Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, bad news on my bike, vavles and rings are bad... this is NOT my year.

I need a rebuild or a new engine.

Are their any places that build performance engines for my 98ZX6-R that i can order (crate motor)??

Suggestions?

Thanks guys...

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Good luck. :(

Unfortunatly Kawasaki is the only manufacturer that refuses to sell motors by themselves. All the others do. :(

I just called my local motorcycle salvage yard (who has about 3,000+ bikes) and no 98ZX6R motors. Sorry bro.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
np... thanks for checking anyway...

oh well... i'll have my car back soon and it will have to do in the fun area till i get the bike fixed...

thanks..

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
What happened that it needs the motor work? High miles? Run out of oil? Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, DAD. (ironic you should ask... LOL)

I'm not sure exactly. It always seemed to run a little hot, and started not running quite right. It needed an oil change.. oil looked ok, changed filter and full synthetic.. yesterday it almost died on me going to work, I drove it home... half way there it died...

they are telling me that the overheating was due to exhaust valves and coolant, which helped burn the rings up.. one thing snowballing into another....

I'm checking into a full rebuild now... I'll know the exact cause after they pull it apart....

·
Registered
292 Posts
Damn, Jake, that blows the high hard one! It sounds like he said your exhaust valves were out of adjustment. You probably burned a few of them and that causes everything to get hot. It's all downhill from there. Maybe it's time you got a real bike. Get a Yamaha! (Don't go jumpin' all over me, folks, I'm friends with this hosebag...) :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea don't jump all over the mediteranian terrorist! LOL

It's kewl though, I called about the car and it should be back soon.. they will let me know today..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts