Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.... need some feedback. I have a 98 zx6e and am going to be reassembling it soon. (is totally stripped to have frame fixed)

My question is... while it's apart... it'd be a good time to add anything... would you get a jet kit for the carbs or put a pipe on it?? What will give me what results. I don't want any more top end, but would like it to have a quicker throttle response maybe and be a little more 'wheelie friendly'.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Jet it.

Jetting will give you better throttle response. Done right, you will end up with a smooth (smoother) power curve, and in some cases, you pick up a couple ponies. Average $150.

Piping is more expensive, especially for bikes with dual exhaust, and full system (not sure if they make full systems for ZX-6). They also won't buy you much alone. Exhaust systems allow the engine to breathe better (more), hence, you'll need to adjust the air/fuel mix to accommidate (needing a jet kit anyway).

Bang for buck... jet it. But then... you get the cool looks and sounds by going the exhaust route.

:D

As far as wheelies go, you definately don't want a surgy engine while doing wheelies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts