Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about selling my GSXR1k and buying a 7fiddy for track use only. The thou seems like it will be a hand full at track speeds, and I don't want to die just yet. Just would like to get some feedback to help me make my desion.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
205 Posts
IMO......as you stated you needed.

You aren't going to scrub off too much speed if ANY with a 7-fiddy as compared to the 1K. You might scrub acceleration capabilities but I think that unless you are planning on racing tracks with mile long straights you aren't going to see much difference between the two besides acceleration out of corners. If you are worried about being over powered, go smaller still.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do most of my racing at Reobling road in Savanah Ga its front straight is something like a 3/4 mile long. I just thought the 750 would turn in a little better than 1000.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Wet Shrub said:
IMO......as you stated you needed.

You aren't going to scrub off too much speed if ANY with a 7-fiddy as compared to the 1K. You might scrub acceleration capabilities but I think that unless you are planning on racing tracks with mile long straights you aren't going to see much difference between the two besides acceleration out of corners. If you are worried about being over powered, go smaller still.
I agree.YAMAHA R6 or GSXR600. PLENTY of power, yet not enough to make you constantly worry about an over-eager right wrist. I am sure more opinions will follow.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I would say GSXR600 too but I would definitely get rid of the 1k. It is pretty much worthless on all the regional track other than Roebling. There are very few 1k's racing in this region and actually not all that many GSXR750s but a ton of GSXR600s. With the 600 you can race in more classes. The 750 and especially the 1k restricts you greatly in the number of classes. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
funksouljon said:
Perhaps you can buy Zena?
I thought zena was gone! Cornhole has his '96 for sale and I was thinking about buying that one.

the 1k is a goner just becuase I forgot to take the damn disc lock off b4 leaving work today. The fender is toast :finger: to myself.

I'm such a dumba$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for thoughts guys

Rich

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
ungwaha said:

the 1k is a goner just becuase I forgot to take the damn disc lock off b4 leaving work today. The fender is toast :finger: to myself.

I'm such a dumba$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich
I know a guy :rolleyes: who did something like that with a 96 VFR the the Home Depot parking lot. Broke the damn caliper mounting bracket on one side of my <cough> his <cough> wheel. :crying:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no it didn't fall but I was so pissed that I felt like letting it fall.

I think I am going to get a 2k or 2k1 750 at least thats what I'm leaning towards right now

Later

Rich

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Joss said:
I have an '02 ZX-6R that will probably need a new home sometime in the near future... Beautiful bike. Nicely broken in w/ about 2,500 miles.
Joss, Dude! You're already selling a '02! I can only forgive you if:
1) you're letting it go for a '03
2) you sell it to me CHEAP! :D

Rich,
Yes, I would suggest going even smaller than 750. I'm not FAST, but I'm not slow either. I've had 250's stuffing me in corners I thought I HAD. Then I just get then back down the straights.

In my racing circuit, we have 250GP bikes in the Formula Pacific class (the FAST of the FAST). But I think a 600 is the SHITE!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts