Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any advice on finding some
inexpensive replacement parts for my F4.

While in the mountains this weekend, I broke my right mirror, my rear brake
pedal, and my right peg bracket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A set of aftermarket rearsets will set you back about $230 for somthing like Pro-Tek. This will take care of both sides and both clutch/brake levers and footpegs. The footpegs are solid mount so that will help protect the bike the next time you go down. I broke a factory rearset (called a "stay") and it cost me $65 for just that on part. The extra money for the rear sets is well spent.

------------------
Crusty

·
Registered
331 Posts
Last time I looked at rearsets they were somewhere around $400. Can you send me a link to where I can find a better deal?

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try 1-888-fast-lap. That is where I got mine. They also carry Vortex and CFM rearsets. Now that I think about it, doesn't the F4 have some wierd looking factory rearset? That may explain the high cost. Still worth it though.

------------------
Crusty

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nope, just checked out Arif's photos. The new VFR is the one with the wierd rearsets. The F4 should be about $230 for Pro-tek. CFM will have them for cheaper but you don't get new levers. Both will leave you without a brake light operated off the rear brake.

------------------
Crusty

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys!

I decided that I wasn't quite ready to
drop two or three bills on rearsets right
now. I found a dealer's parts department in
the back of Cycle World that has decent prices on all the stuff that I needed.
But I must say, $60 for a mirror seems like robbery (it was the cheapest I could find :-()

Arif,

Thanks for the offer, but I ordered the part before I read your response. I tried to be patient and wait for responses, but valuable riding days were/are passing me by :)!!

"Red"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts