Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a company out of Austin, TX called Multi-Tech Bodywork? Is this the place everyone hates?

My husband ordered new plastics from them over a month and a half ago, and though the check was cashed, we haven't seen the stuff nor had any communication from them. It's maddening when you consider they guarantee a 3 week delivery.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Never heard of them before this thread, and I live here. Went to check out their site and found the address. I'll take a drive by and check it out.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Rug Burn said:
Never heard of them before this thread, and I live here. Went to check out their site and found the address. I'll take a drive by and check it out.

Now thats the power of the web at work!

Good man Rug Burn!

·
Registered
865 Posts
elodello said:
a company out of Austin, TX called Multi-Tech Bodywork? Is this the place everyone hates?

My husband ordered new plastics from them over a month and a half ago, and though the check was cashed, we haven't seen the stuff nor had any communication from them. It's maddening when you consider they guarantee a 3 week delivery.
Hey Erica,
You may be thinking of "Texas Fairing" out
of Austin...I had problems with them, but
ended up getting my money back.
Good Luck...Cam

·
Registered
753 Posts
Rug Burn said:

Take a drive by or do a drive by, that is the question:D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that's them.

Rug Burn was kind enough to call them and do some "research" for me, and his verdict is that they seem to be a responsible company. The huz has talked to them twice today since I posted the original thread. First time they told him that they sent out four sets of bodywork this week, and there was a good chance that his was in with that shipment. The second call was to tell him that they forgot to include his in the shipping, and it is going out today.
*whew!* I'll know Friday if it's any good or not!

Their deal is (thank you again Rug Burn) that if you send a check as payment, they have to wait for 7-10 days for it to clear. Okay, so there's two weeks. After the check clears it takes another 2 weeks to make the plastics. Figure in another week just for padding and that puts the entire process at 5 weeks. Still a week over their "projected" date, but now that we know it's coming, that's not so bad. $600 for a full set of bodywork isn't bad at all.

I'll write up a review when it arrives and is installed.

Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Glad to see that it's working out for you. I am very interested to see what you think of their product too. I haven't priced a set of Sharkskinz lately, but I'm sure it's well over $600.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Skinz

You better be ready to pay around $750 - $900 for a set of 'skinz.
Then they add on shipping but they will cut you a break if you go pick it up from them.

Later
Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts