Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was wondering if a ninja 250r was worth buying. I have read a lot of threads that say "get the bike, its great to start on," but in others they all say dont get a 250r, you will just end up having to sell it and buy a bigger bike.

ps. I would like to get a bigger bike but my dad is totaly against it

But please give me some advice. I have taken the MSF course.

My price range is maximum $4300 and i live in Olathe KS.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I would follow your parents' pressures if for no other reason than you'll have some support from at least one parent. When reading posts about people recommending or not a particular bike, its always helpful to read whether that person has actually owned and ridden extensively the bike. 250s are great fun and excellent learners since you can concentrate on looking through turns and prepping for surprises without the hassle of worrying about the right amount of throttle twist.

Wring that baby out! If it doesn't leak any fluids, you can even take it to the track, if you have one nearby. And I don't mean drag strip :twofinger

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
See New Riders stickies. I wouldn't recommend that and you're considering two bikes in completely different categories with very different purposes. You will be totally unable to use the latter in its intended state for quite a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
its a good start up, affordable to buy, affordable to plate and to insure so really there are no complaints on it, will i keep it forever, probably not, but good to have for the first 3-5 years of riding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a 250 for my wife to learn to ride. I ride an '08 Yamaha R1, and love to take her 250 out for rides sometimes. It is a great starter and just like any other bike there is plenty out there to enhance performance and style. You will enjoy it your till your parents allow you to upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts