Votes: 8 1.5%
  • Never

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I always wear a helmet and always will. Plus its the law hear. But I would love the visual of riding, hair flowing freely, but just a nice visual, would never do it in real life, unless it was in a padded room lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
helment?

a while ago I spied a pic of a guy on a strecher with big blue eyes and not much of his face left. very gory!!!! all that was left of the lower half was noyhing . but you could just about make out a long molar in the mess . and he was alive. needless to say that will not be my choice. plus all the full face helments are so cool.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Always wear it...got hit by car in a parking lot a couple of days ago and cracked my noggin pretty good and didn't feel a thing. Could have been bloody without it!! and that was at 5 mph, except he hit me so I am the one that went flyin...

·
Registered
604 Posts
This one time...

....I was skating at the local skate park....and I fell down....and I didn't wake up for a few minutes.....and when I did I was in an ambulance and the paramedics were like...."Man, you almost killed yourself....how many fingers am I holding up?".....That was with no helmet and not very fast....imagine what would happen at 35 mph!?!:barf:

Ride safe, ride smart.;) :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
how about riding without a jacket? Today alone I saw about 10 sportbikes. not a single rider.....wait actually one was wearing a jacket,the rest regular shirts and sneakers. I guess it's tempting because it can get real hot inside them but would I rather a shirt drenched in blood or sweat.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I always always always wear a motorcycle helmet. I saw my brother crash right in front of me and it could have been fatal, he got lucky
:eek:

That's actually a part of the reason I'm not too keen on being a group rider. I'm not certain I could ever get the vision of someone crashing and being seriously injured out of my mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your head is worth nothing to you, then don't cover it with anything... if it is, then protect it with the best you can afford.
Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
2 Posts
All helmets attempt to protect the user's head by absorbing mechanical energy and protecting against penetration. Their structure and protective capacity are altered in high-energy impacts. Beside their energy-absorption capability, their volume and weight are also important issues, since higher volume and weight increase the injury risk for the user's head and neck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:eek:

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

I like this saying thank you for sharing it. its so true the bike is the movie and dang i sure like being a star every time i get on it.just wish i got paid as well

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
YES....ALWAYS! That's the first thing I do in the morning....wake up in bed...put my helmet on!

Always! Even if I'm only moving my bike a few hundred feet, just so I don't have to hold it. XD
I do this too...when I'm unlocking the padlock on my garage, filling my gas tank, dumping sand in my DEADBEAT ex-wives gas tank of her car...although I do admit, I kind of wish I would have gotten the flat black painted Arai Defiant helmet rather than the glossy black helmet because I know that when I eventually do get a scratch in it ...I'm gonna cry like a l3iTCH about it!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've got a helmet on right now . . .

I always wear it.

Even to the grocery store and crap like that.

You never know when you may need it.

Plus I feel naked without it.
http://westcoastsportbikes.org/index.php?topic=564.0

You might need to ~^~ log in to see that thread . . .

Everything else is for all to see over there !

I'll wear a helmet into the store .

Why carry it in with you ?

Just keep it on !

Red, *<:){)-

:wtf:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts